- With QLIK down 38% from its Sep. '13 high going into earnings, its Q2 beat and solid revenue guidance has been well-received.
- The BI/analytics software vendor expects Q3 revenue of $122M-$126M and EPS of -$0.02 to $0.01 vs. a consensus of $123.3M and $0.04. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $545M-$555M and EPS of $0.23-$0.27 vs. a consensus of $547.8M and $0.25.
- Also going over well: License revenue rose 11% Y/Y in Q2 to $66.9M (51% of total revenue), after having grown just 2% in Q1. GAAP opex rose 17% to $119.8M.
- Fast-growing rival Tableau (NYSE:DATA) is following Qlik higher on a down day for equities. On its CC (transcript), Qlik noted it plans to launch a server-based version of its Qlik Sense self-serve data visualization software in September. Sense, a part of the QlikView.Next BI/analytics platform (previous), will compete against Tableau's popular data visualization tools.
- Qlik argues Sense complements its traditional QlikView BI software, which it deems better for guided analytics. Nonetheless, some analysts have raised concerns about the impact Sense could have on QlikView sales.
- Q2 results, PR
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at 4-traders.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 29, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs