- "It's a blockbuster ... What this says is, Zillow has been and has locked up the absolute dominant position in online real estate in the United States,” says real estate analyst Steve Murray on reports Zillow (Z +4.6%) is looking to acquire Trulia (TRLA +2%).
- Barclays' Christopher Merwin predicts a merger would "dramatically increase the combined entity's pricing power" with real estate agents, and would yield more leverage in price negotiations with MLSs. Zillow just bought MLS data-integration software platform provider Retsly.
- Murray admits there could be a backlash to the deal, stating "the industry will be concerned ... if you have one huge, overwhelmingly dominant player" for whom agents "will be almost compelled" to list on.
- Bloomberg reports Zillow could pay for 1/3 of the purchase in cash (implies a $667M cash payment at a $2B acquisition price), and 2/3 in stock. Zillow had $446M in cash/investments at the end of Q1.
- While Zillow and Trulia continue to rally, Move (MOVE -2.8%) is now below where it traded before the first merger report broke.
From other sites
at Investopedia (Apr 10, 2015)
at Investopedia (Apr 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at 4-traders.com (Mar 24, 2015)
30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Fall to 7-Week Low; Current Rate is 3.56%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Tickerat 4-traders.com (Mar 24, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs