- Stock futures stay higher after U.S. single-family home prices rose more than expected in May; S&P, Dow and Nasdaq all +0.2%.
- The major European bourses are higher across the board; Asian stocks rose for a second session as investors turn more optimistic on China following improving economic data such as HSBC's July factory activity report.
- Dow-listed pharmas Merck and Pfizer posted earnings that easily beat Wall Street estimates, but UPS -2.6% after its quarterly profit fell sharply Y/Y.
- The FOMC begins its two-day meeting today, with a policy statement to be released that likely will call for another $10B taper.
- Treasury prices are at their morning highs, with the 10-year yield down 3 bps at 2.45%.
- Still ahead: consumer confidence.