- Talisman Energy (TLM -0.4%) opens slightly lower after swinging to a surprise Q2 loss as it suffered impairments on its North Sea operations and was hurt by lower North American gas prices.
- Total Q2 revenue rose 4.4% to $1.24B, but total expenses jumped 47.4% to $1.4B.
- Total netbacks fell to $27.18/boe from $28.44/boe in Q1, weighed by higher operating costs in the U.K. and Norway.
- Production from ongoing operations in its core regions rose 12% to 300K boe, with core region liquids production up 20% to 115K boe.
- Realized natural gas prices in North America rose 11% Y/Y but fell 11% Q/Q.
- Says proceeds from asset sales will continue to cut corporate debt to help maintain a strong balance sheet, as it works to reduce its exposure to the North Sea and other non-core areas.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 17, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 3, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs