- Penn Virginia (NYSE:PVA) -2.1% AH after Q2 earnings and revenues fall well short of expectations.
- Q2 production from Eagle Ford shale operations rose 6% to 15,618 boe/day vs. 14,761 boe/day in the year-ago quarter.
- Lowers 2014 production guidance to 8.8M-9.2M boe, due primarily to less than expected production during H1; raises preliminary guidance for 2015 production growth to 35% Y/Y and 45% for oil.
- Raises guidance for 2014 capex to $762M-$808M ($410M-$456M for H2 of 2014), from $607M-$641M previously.
- Also announces a $150M sale of the rights to construct and operate a crude oil gathering and intermediate transportation system in the Eagle Ford.
at Zacks.com (Oct 28, 2014)