- The uptick in unemployment in July came as the labor force participation rate edged up to 62.9% from 62.8%. It was 63.4% a year ago. The employment-to-population ratio of 59% was flat from June, and up from 58.7% a year ago.
- The average workweek remained flat for the fifth straight month at 34.5 hours. Average hourly earnings edged higher by a penny to $24.25 - they're up 2% from a year ago.
- May's 224K jobs gain was revised higher by 5K jobs and June's 288K was bumped higher by 10K for total upward revisions of 15K.
- The broader U-6 unemployment rate rose to 12.2% from 12.1% - a year ago it stood at 13.9%.
- The 10-year Treasury yield slips to 2.53% from 2.59% ahead of the report.
- Previously: July job gain below estimates
- Full report
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TMF, TTT, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, IEI, DTYS, TYO, DLBS, VGLT, BIL, UBT, UST, VGIT, SHV, TLO, VGSH, TBX, SCHO, GSY, SCHR, TENZ, DTYL, ITE, TYD, LBND, SST, TYBS, DTUS, DTUL, TUZ, TBZ, DLBL, DFVL, FIVZ, DFVS, TYNS
More on the July jobs miss; Treasury yields breathe sigh of relief
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 2, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 23, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs