- The uptick in unemployment in July came as the labor force participation rate edged up to 62.9% from 62.8%. It was 63.4% a year ago. The employment-to-population ratio of 59% was flat from June, and up from 58.7% a year ago.
- The average workweek remained flat for the fifth straight month at 34.5 hours. Average hourly earnings edged higher by a penny to $24.25 - they're up 2% from a year ago.
- May's 224K jobs gain was revised higher by 5K jobs and June's 288K was bumped higher by 10K for total upward revisions of 15K.
- The broader U-6 unemployment rate rose to 12.2% from 12.1% - a year ago it stood at 13.9%.
- The 10-year Treasury yield slips to 2.53% from 2.59% ahead of the report.
- Previously: July job gain below estimates
- Full report
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TMF, TTT, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, IEI, DTYS, TYO, DLBS, VGLT, BIL, UBT, UST, VGIT, SHV, TLO, VGSH, TBX, SCHO, GSY, SCHR, TENZ, DTYL, ITE, TYD, LBND, SST, TYBS, DTUS, DTUL, TUZ, TBZ, DLBL, DFVL, FIVZ, DFVS, TYNS
at Nasdaq.com (Nov 17, 2014)