- Loews (L -0.6%) Q2 income from continuing operations of $303M or $0.79 per share vs. $261M and $0.67 a year ago.
- Book value per share excluding AOCI of $49.74 vs. $49.38 at end of Q1, and current price of $42.10. 3.9M shares repurchased during Q2 for a total of $171M. Another 2.5M shares were bought back during July. Current float is 383M shares.
- Improved results at Loews came primarily from better earnings at CNA Financial along with improved performance in the trading portfolio. A 52% decline in Diamond Offshore quarterly profit helped to offset.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: Loews EPS of $0.79
- Previously: CNA Financial beats by $0.18
- Previously: Diamond Offshore Drilling beats by $0.07, beats on revenue
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 19, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 3, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 4, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs