- In addition to beating Q2 estimates, BroadSoft (NASDAQ:BSFT) is guiding for 2014 revenue of $207M-$213M and EPS of $1.26-$1.46, favorable to a consensus of $208.5M and $1.28.
- A soft Q3 is expected - revenue of $48M-$52M and EPS of $0.17-$0.30 vs. a consensus of $52.6M and $0.36 - prior to a strong Q4.
- Q2 billings totaled $59.2M, +30% Y/Y (compares with rev. growth of just 19%) above revenue of $52.5M. Software license billings rose 11% to $29.3M, and the deferred revenue balance grew 32% to $80.8M.
- A mix shift towards services led gross margin to fall to 76% from 82% a year ago. Opex fell to 58% of revenue from 61%.
- Along with its Q2 numbers, BroadSoft has announced it's buying SDD, a provider of software (both on-premise and hosted) that allows hospitality companies to deliver/manage VoIP and Internet services. BroadSoft has already launched a new offering (called UC-One Hospitality) that combines SDD's software with BroadSoft's unified communications products.
- Q2 results, PR
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 6, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 4, 2013)
at CNBC.com (May 6, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Feb 27, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Aug 7, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs