- The tanker carrying 1M barrels of Kurdish crude oil is still situated in the Gulf of Mexico, as the dispute continues between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Iraqi Oil Ministry.
- Last week, a U.S. District Court ruled that the tanker was outside of its jurisdiction, but it would be seized should it enter U.S. waters.
- Baghdad has argued that all oil sales outside of its control are illegal, however, the Kurdistan Regional Government has asked the U.S. court to throw out the ruling.
- Previously: Kurdish oil to be seized following order and arrest warrant
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, DTO, DBO, CRUD, USL, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)