- Execs with Disney (NYSE:DIS) used the music from Frozen to set the stage for their comments on the company's FQ3 performance.
- Theme park attendance growth has been in the single-digits, but guest spending has been boosted by the MyMagic+ program. CFO Jay Rasulo says the program has more revenue impact to come.
- CEO Bob Iger seemed unconcerned about any revenue slowdown at ESPN. He noted advertisers are buying spots closer to the run dates and ESPN had an "extremely good" upfront.
- The company says it's very bullish on the SEC Network. There is an expectation that 60M U.S. subscribers will watch the SEC programming beginning this month.
- A question about Disney's relationship with Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) drew an enthusiastic response from Iger. No concrete numbers were thrown out, but it appears Disney will continue to benefit as Netflix grows globally. The Disney brands can be "well monetized" on the Netflix platform, notes Iger.
- Earnings call transcript
- DIS -0.5% premarket
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)