- SunEdison (NYSE:SUNE) recognized revenue from 54MW of solar systems in Q2, below guidance of 60MW-80MW. But it also retained 164MW on its balance sheet, better than guidance of 100MW-120MW.
- The company now expects to finish 1GW-1.15GW of solar systems in 2014, at the high end of prior guidance of 900MW-1.15GW. Revenue is expected to be recognized from 290MW-310MW (down from 460MW-580MW), and 710MW-830MW are expected to be retained (up from 440MW-570MW).
- In addition, SunEdison forecasts average 2014 project pricing of $2.50-$3.00/watt, better than prior guidance of $2.40-$2.75. That's providing a lift to EPS, which beat consensus by $0.40 in Q2.
- Solar project pipeline rose by 700MW Q/Q in Q2 to 4.3GW, and backlog by 100MW to 1.1GW. 475MW of the pipeline is under construction, up from 463MW at the end of Q1 and 200MW a year ago.
- Gross margin was 4.6% vs. 3.8% in Q1 and 5.9% a year ago. An aggressive construction pace led free cash flow to total -$80.2M. SunEdison ended Q2 with $954.7M in cash/equivalents, and $5.39B in debt. ~$3.5B of the debt is directly tied to solar systems financing.
- Peers SunPower (SPWR +4.2%) and SolarCity (SCTY +2.8%) are also rallying. SolarCity reports after the bell.
- Q2 results, PR
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Apr 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 12, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs