- Q2 net income of $65.07M or $0.17 per share vs. $52.61M and $0.14 a year ago.
- H1 investments: Completed initial funding of two seasoned oil and gas management teams, Juneau Energy and Vitesse Energy (total of $90M); invested another $332.5M in Leucadia Asset Management platform; increased stake in Harbinger Group to 20% and now has two representatives on the board.
- The sale of Premier Entertainment (Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi) closed on July 10 with proceeds of $250M in cash.
- Among LUK units: National Beef posted a H1 pre-tax loss of $21.5M amid challenged margins with the U.S. cattle herd at 50-year lows. The closing of the Brawley, CA plant also stung, but should help with improved results going forward.
- Garcadias same store new car sales growth of 13.4% beat the industry average of 4.3%. Acquisition activity has slowed as dealership prices have gone up. Total number of dealerships now stands at 22. Cash distribution to LUK totaled $23.6M in H1.
- Previously: Leucadia National EPS of $0.16
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 17, 2015)
The Sniff Test: Currency brokers’ reassurances about Swiss exposure are a red flag for the rest of usat MarketWatch.com (Jan 17, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs