- The Nikkei capped a tough week, falling 3% overnight with Obama's ordering of airstrikes in Northern Iraq a convenient excuse for the decline.
- Today's session also happens to be the busiest earnings report day of the season and Nikon Corp. tumbled 9.4% after lower full-year guidance, Taiyo Yuden dove 8.9% after cutting its outlook, and Nisshin Steel plunged 9.8% after profit fell 99%.
- The BOJ maintained its pledge to boost the monetary base by ¥60T-¥70T.
- The dollar is weaker vs. the yen by 0.25%, with dollar/yen down to ¥101.83.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, DFJ, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, SCJ, DXJS, JPNL, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP, DXJT, JPMV, QJPN, DXJH, DXJR, DXJF, DXJC, FXY, YCS, JYN, YCL