- The Nikkei capped a tough week, falling 3% overnight with Obama's ordering of airstrikes in Northern Iraq a convenient excuse for the decline.
- Today's session also happens to be the busiest earnings report day of the season and Nikon Corp. tumbled 9.4% after lower full-year guidance, Taiyo Yuden dove 8.9% after cutting its outlook, and Nisshin Steel plunged 9.8% after profit fell 99%.
- The BOJ maintained its pledge to boost the monetary base by ¥60T-¥70T.
- The dollar is weaker vs. the yen by 0.25%, with dollar/yen down to ¥101.83.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, DFJ, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, SCJ, DXJS, JPNL, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP, DXJT, JPMV, QJPN, DXJH, DXJR, DXJF, DXJC, FXY, YCS, JYN, YCL
Nikkei tumbles amid airstrikes and earnings
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 3, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs