- magicJack (NASDAQ:CALL) saw a 200K Q/Q drop in active magicJack VoIP service subscribers in Q2 to 2.9M. Average monthly churn was 3.1%, down from Q1's 3.3%. Activations fell to 165K from 196K.
- Notably, no guided is provided in the company's earnings release. magicJack guided in its Q1 report for 2014 revenue of $158M-$163M; consensus is currently at $147.5M.
- Monthly active users for magicJack's VoIP mobile apps totaled 3.4M at the end of Q2. The company previously announced registered users (not the same as active users) totaled 8.4M at the end of Q1.
- GAAP opex rose 31% Y/Y to $14.7M, thanks in part to a 70% increase in marketing spend to $4.7M.
- magicJack had $72M in cash at the end of Q2 - a figure nearly equal to 1/3 of its market cap - and no debt.
- CALL -3.5% AH. Q2 results, PR.
at CNBC.com (Aug 12, 2014)