- Germany's ZEW survey of economic expectations declined to 8.6 in August from 27.1 in July and vs. expectations for a print of 18. It's the eighth straight month of declines and the indicator has reached its lowest level since December 2012.
- It's another data point painting a picture of a sharply slowing economy following an unusually strong Q1. Last month, the closely-watched Ifo survey indicator fell for the third consecutive month.
- The euro (NYSEARCA:FXE) is lower by 0.3% to $1.3344, it's weakest level since November. It was just three months ago, the currency touched $1.40.
- ETFs: FXE, EUO, ERO, DRR, EUFX, ULE, URR
- Germany's DAX is down 0.4%. EWG -0.5% premarket
Euro continues slump after weak German numbers
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs