- Drybulk shipping rates continue to move higher, adding to last week's run as iron ore shipments out of Brazil and Australia pick up.
- On Friday, drybulk rates as measured by the Baltic Dry Index rose 7.7%, capping a 31% gain for the week driven by strength across the board but mainly in Capesize and Panamax rates.
- After beginning its ascent on July 23, the BDI has jumped 40%, rising in every session except one.
- Last week, Capesize rates surged 65% to $15,561/day, Panamax rates climbed 29% to $6,397/day, and Supramax rates added 9% to $9,170/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2%, PRGN +4.1%, DSX +1%, FREE +8.2%, EGLE -2%, NM +2.5%, NMM +0.7%, SBLK +1.1%, SB +1.7%, BALT +2.5%, SHIP -2.1%, DCIX +2.2%.
at Zacks.com (Nov 6, 2014)