- In addition to missing Q2 estimates, Youku (NYSE:YOKU) is guiding for Q3 revenue of RMB1.09B-RMB1.13B ($177.2M-$183.7M), below an RMB1.15B consensus.
- Youku says it was "still in the process" of renewing a service agreement with a major mobile carrier of the end of Q2, and thus opted to defer the recognition of ~RMB40M in revenue until the renewal is in place. That contributed to the Q2 miss, and also a slowdown in Y/Y revenue growth to 27% from Q1's 36%.
- Content costs rose to 42% of revenue from 38% a year ago; bandwidth costs were steady at 22%. Opex rose 20% Y/Y to $50.5M (33% of revenue).
- Youku now has 500M+ monthly users. Mobile has grown to account for over 30% of revenue. Subscription service revenue rose 379% Y/Y, but over 95% of revenue still comes from advertising.
- The company's cash balance totaled $1.6B at the end of Q2, or nearly half its current market cap.
- Q2 results, PR
Youku -7.7% AH on Q2 miss, guidance, revenue deferral
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jan 4, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Sep 30, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 13, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs