- Certain Midwest generation assets are being purchased from Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) for $2.8B, and others from Energy Capital Partners for $3.45B.
- In total 12.5 megawatts of coal and gas generation is being acquired, nearly doubling Dynegy's (NYSE:DYN) existing portfolio to almost 26K megawatts.
- Dynegy has synergy targets of more than $40M per year, $200M in collateral efficiencies, and nearly $500M in present value cash tax savings.
- 2015 adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow accretion per share is expected to by about 125% and 220%, respectively (assuming both deals close this year).
- Financing: Roughly $5B in unsecured debt issuance, $1.25B in equity and equity-linked securities, including $200M in stock issued to ECP, and $950M in incremental revolving credit facilities.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Source: Press Release
Dynegy acquiring power generation assets in two deals worth $6.25B
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (May 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 2, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 10, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 5, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs