McDonald's replaces U.S. chief

• McDonald's (MCD +0.3%) names Mike Andres as its new top executive in the U.S. to replace Jeff Stratton who will resign in October.
  • Andres worked his way up at the Golden Arches after starting as a store manager.
  • McDonald's has lost market share in the U.S. this year with fast-food peers putting up stronger comps.
From other sites
Comments (14)
  • wigit5
    Comments (4218) | Send Message

Better quality food... it's not a hard answer to your problems. Stop microwaving everything you make in those crappy little boxes in the back
    22 Aug 2014, 10:07 AM Reply Like
  • tampabay
    Comments (321) | Send Message

Quality Costs, if you want a $10 lunch they are available..
    Hopefully this is a past manage who can't read/understand the menu, like us
    22 Aug 2014, 10:52 AM Reply Like
  • wigit5
    Comments (4218) | Send Message

Not sure what you mean by "they are available", I think that is the problem MCD is having. You can go to MCD and for 5-8$ get a craptastic piece of subpar 'meat' a drink&fries. Or you could go to a place like Cheddars and get a delicious quality burger for right about the same price fries/drink included.

Sure the wait time is a little longer (honestly the cheddars here is always busy so it takes 10-15 minutes if your seated quickly) but the food is just plain better.
    22 Aug 2014, 11:13 AM Reply Like
  • Booban
    Comments (271) | Send Message

I think the actual beef patty tastes worse than other joints. If they could fix that, they are most of the way there.
    22 Aug 2014, 11:36 AM Reply Like
  • Rudester
    Comments (2720) | Send Message

It's about time they started changing some of the management. Need a new (qualified) man on top though.
    22 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM Reply Like
  • Booban
    Comments (271) | Send Message

Must be a good thing. Chipotle was sold during his watch.
    22 Aug 2014, 11:34 AM Reply Like
  • Harm Elderman
    Comments (1009) | Send Message

Crap, I was in the understanding McDonalds was going to replace it's US Chef...

Because what they offer is rancid to say the least.
    22 Aug 2014, 12:13 PM Reply Like
  • BAHAMAS1
    Comments (2858) | Send Message

Get rid of the ceo, not his underlings who simply do what they are told .
    22 Aug 2014, 12:57 PM Reply Like
  • whiff
    Comments (818) | Send Message

He left his name at the counter - just took a while to get called ...
    22 Aug 2014, 08:36 PM Reply Like
  • rlmod
    Comments (17) | Send Message

I really don't mind McDonalds food. I have however changed my outlook. I stopped in for a chicken sandwich one evening and found 5 kids behind the counter goofing off while I WAITED for my sandwich. On another occasion I stopped for pancakes and WAITED this time for someone to take my order. While standing there an old timer also waiting asked out loud "anyone work here" while a clerk strolled by. I admit this was rather rude but the clerk ignored him and kept walking. The real problem is that the people who work at the service industry get paid crap and they just don't care. The work ethic does not exist like it did when I was a kid. Hopefully management will turn this around and I do see a slight uptick on the stock. I do own stock at a profit but from here on there's a trailing stop loss on everything I own.
    22 Aug 2014, 08:48 PM Reply Like
  • Dr.Z
    Comments (4) | Send Message

There are to 2 MCDs in the small town that I live in and both have great service. The meals are in the $8 range and the patties are thin and have small diameter. The Angus burger was good but they got rid of it.
    23 Aug 2014, 03:23 AM Reply Like
  • wigit5
    Comments (4218) | Send Message

Dr. Z,
    Yup for $8 you can order ahead from just about any restaurant and pick up a burger of better quality and more meat.
    23 Aug 2014, 10:26 AM Reply Like
  • 346025
    Comments (24) | Send Message

MACDONALDS,WENDYS,HARD... IM ON A BAD STREEK,AS IVE HAD REALLY DISGUSTING MEALS FROM THEM ALL LATELY.JUST GONNA HAVE TO GO TO FULL SERVICE RESTURATES NOW AND PAY UP.
    23 Aug 2014, 01:38 PM Reply Like
  • tampabay
    Comments (321) | Send Message

you just hit a home run!
    23 Aug 2014, 03:17 PM Reply Like