- Nimble Storage (NYSE:NMBL) is guiding for FQ3 revenue of $56M-$58M and EPS of -$0.16 to -$0.17 vs. a consensus of $55M and -$0.15.
- 663 customers were added in FQ2, up from 450 in FQ1 and raising the total base to 3,756 (+115% Y/Y). A "record number" of $100K+ deals were signed, and "large enterprise" accounts now total 235.
- International bookings still only make up 17% of total bookings. Fibre Channel support (considered crucial to growing high-end/enterprise sales) remains set to arrive by the end of FQ4.
- Gross margin rose to 67.4% from 66% in FQ1 and 64.3% a year ago. GAAP opex rose 115% Y/Y to $61.2M, with sales/marketing spend rising 111% to $36.6M.
- FQ2 results, PR, shareholder letter (.pdf)
at CNBC.com (Sep 25, 2014)