- Global auto sales rose 1.5% in July to 6.87M units.
- A strong month in China and India helped offset weakness in Japan, Brazil, and Russia.
- YTD sales are up 2.6% Y/Y to 50.2M units through July, paced by strong demand in North America and Asia.
- What to watch: South America continues to see its market share for global auto sales slide. The region could see automakers pull back further on capacity and investments due to the slump.
- Automakers: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM
at CNBC.com (Tue, 5:45PM)