- Avago (AVGO +8.1%) has received a slew of target hikes after beating FQ3 estimates, reporting strong margins, and issuing healthy FQ4 guidance. RF component peers Skyworks (SWKS +1.6%), RF Micro (RFMD +4.5%), and TriQuint (TQNT +5.2%) are also higher.
- "We believe Street continues to under-appreciate this self-help story where mgmt has a proven record of cutting costs, paying down debt, and executing on multiple secular growth cycles," says BofA/Merrill. Its FY14 and FY15 EPS forecasts have respectively been raised by 20% and 25%.
- Credit Suisse: "Avago's leverage to structural growth drivers including content increases in the Industrials/autos end-mkts and accelerating demand for bandwidth, as well as, product cycles (4G/LTE wireless ramps at Apple and China) should allow the company to outperform peers." The diversification provided by the LSI deal is seen providing "further stability."
- Morgan Stanley expresses "high conviction in management's ability to execute on driving LSI's [operating margin] from 17% to 30% over the next few years," given Avago has doubled its op. margin to 30% since its 2005 LBO.
- On the CC (transcript), CEO Hock Tan mentioned wireless sales are expected to rise over 60% Q/Q thanks to "the ramp of a new phone model and a North American smartphone customer" (a clear iPhone 6 reference). Demand for FBAR filters and related products in 4G phones remains strong.
- Wired infrastructure is expected to grow at a low-single digit rate (switch/router ASIC growth offsetting flat optical component demand), and enterprise storage is expected to see mid-single digit growth excluding the PLX acquisition.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Thu, 12:47PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Wed, 5:11PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 23, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 21, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs