It's all about the knowledge: What Would Google Do author Jeff Jarvis explains why Google (GOOG)...


It's all about the knowledge: What Would Google Do author Jeff Jarvis explains why Google (GOOG) needs Twitter: Amazon.com (AMZN) knows how we shop. Google knows what we're looking for. And Twitter is headed to knowing the most about what we’re doing and thinking.
From other sites
Comments (1)
  • Archman Investor
    , contributor
    Comments (3316) | Send Message
     
    <<And Twitter is headed to knowing the most about what we’re doing and thinking.>>
    yes. another useless item added to our daily lives that will make a select few wealthy, and convice the general population that it is another thing they need in their daily lives to distract them from the real problems facing this country's future. it never ceases to amaze me. We are a country of WalMart workers who thru careful and manipulative marketing have been convinced we are all just "sooooo" important, hence the need for all the useless cell phone conversations we should be having in the privacy of our own homes, and all the non stop comical texting we see going on 24/7.
    The youngest generation right now (the 12-20 year olds) have been convinced that all they need to do to get ahead is get a liberal arts degree, try out for american idol, or if that doesnt work, beg mom and dad to mortgage more of their lives away in order to put off the inevitable growing up they have to do.
    The top 10% of this country will continue to own and run the other 90% for the forseeable future because of all this crafted "dumbing down" we have had to endure over the past decade or so.
    6 Apr 2009, 09:47 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Hub
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs