Seeking Alpha

More on the MetroPCS/T-Mobile USA merger: MetroPCS shareholders will get $1.5B in cash and a 26%...

More on the MetroPCS/T-Mobile USA merger: MetroPCS shareholders will get $1.5B in cash and a 26% stake in the combined company (MetroPCS closed with a $4.9B market cap yesterday), and Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY.PK) the remaining 74% stake. The deal is expected to close in 1H13. The WSJ notes the deal's reverse-merger structure could allow DT to gradually sell its stake and exit the U.S. market. PCS -2.1% after yesterday's big gains. LEAP +3.4%. S -1.2%.
Comments (7)
  • tuansd
    , contributor
    Comments (2) | Send Message
     
    I own some shares of PCS, I don't know what should I do with them. Any advices?
    3 Oct 2012, 09:33 AM Reply Like
  • gcepeda
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message
     
    Best chance to cash out on pcs.
    3 Oct 2012, 10:18 AM Reply Like
  • rjp2020
    , contributor
    Comments (13) | Send Message
     
    The decline in LEAP today is a hugh buying opportunity. I speculate that with the additional 1.5B in cash added to the 2.5B it already has in its coffers PCS will be a buyer in the wireless marketplace. LEAP would be the logical target to further enhance the customer totals.
    3 Oct 2012, 10:31 AM Reply Like
  • petyaczar
    , contributor
    Comments (279) | Send Message
     
    IMO

     

    S buys 80% of DT'S 75% stake using a combo of coomon stk and preffered stk and warrants on S and S ends up controlling the newly combined co. while DK can exit the U S market.

     

    A win win for all concerned - just watch over the next 12 months.
    3 Oct 2012, 11:27 AM Reply Like
  • rjp2020
    , contributor
    Comments (13) | Send Message
     
    Reuters reported PCS will purchase T Mobile in a "Restructuring," do a reverse split of its shares (370M/2= 185M) and distribute 1.5B to share holders. If I'm reading this correctly that's a cash distribution of about $8 per share.
    3 Oct 2012, 12:06 PM Reply Like
  • smokeyRose
    , contributor
    Comments (78) | Send Message
     
    sprint will buy LEAP
    3 Oct 2012, 01:21 PM Reply Like
  • smokeyRose
    , contributor
    Comments (78) | Send Message
     
    What a joke that Merger is T-mobile and Metro pcs is like two Drunks trying to hold each other up!
    The worst part is the 5 Billion Dollars in cash AT&T had to give to T-Mobile! ouch!!! :(
    3 Oct 2012, 01:37 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio:

|