Verizon Wireless (VZ, VOD) says it will offer 4G LTE services in 400 markets by Oct. 18, well...

Verizon Wireless (VZ, VOD) says it will offer 4G LTE services in 400 markets by Oct. 18, well ahead of the carrier's year-end target. AT&T (T), by contrast, promises to have LTE in just 100 markets by year's end. Time will tell whether Verizon's 4G coverage edge, which it has heavily promoted, will help it gain a disproportionate share of iPhone 5 sales, as some have predicted.

From other sites
Comments (5)
  • june1234
    , contributor
    Comments (4350) | Send Message
    I'm not surprised I've had both. My AT&T phone could not pick up a signal where my Verizon phone did after I switched from AT&T to Verizon; no comparison. Not for AT&T's initial stranglehold on the
    I phone market they'd probably still be selling long distance. AT&T is all marketing hype: their ads claiming they are the largest 4G provider.
    9 Oct 2012, 06:59 PM Reply Like
  • midas pope
    , contributor
    Comments (33) | Send Message
    It won't. iPhone users are under contract. They won't pay the penalty to get 4G.
    10 Oct 2012, 02:20 AM Reply Like
  • mtasem
    , contributor
    Comments (3) | Send Message
    I have an droid phone and live out in the mountains and just happy that VZ has great service. 4g is not an issue. Just plain ole service is what we have.
    10 Oct 2012, 02:28 AM Reply Like
  • MexCom
    , contributor
    Comments (3069) | Send Message
    I'm very happy with VZ. The stock has paid me more than what I have paid for my phone bill. My average date of stock purchase was 1-1/2 years ago and stock appreciation has been at a 17% annual rate of increase plus a 4.47% dividend for a total investment return at a 21.47% rate. I bought it the day I signed on with VZ/Droid. This is my best performing core holding.
    10 Oct 2012, 05:48 AM Reply Like
  • almypal
    , contributor
    Comments (221) | Send Message
    I left Verizon 4 years ago because i couldnt get any coverage in Texas. AT&T is the best!! Great coverage everywhere I go!! The 4,G is much faster than Verizon. I got all my friends to switch to at&t and they are happy. The coverage is much better than verizon.
    5 Dec 2012, 03:12 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs