Seeking Alpha

A recently released TD Ameritrade-commissioned study shows investor awareness of ETFs is...

A recently released TD Ameritrade-commissioned study shows investor awareness of ETFs is surprisingly low. According to the study, which was conducted over the internet by Maritz and has a ±3.4% margin of error, only 34% of investors had heard of ETFs, 25% had a basic understanding of what an ETF was, and just 15% owned at least one ETF - which means lots of potential upside is still there for issuers.
From other sites
Comments (4)
  • OptionManiac
    , contributor
    Comments (3392) | Send Message
     
    And what do they classify as an investor?
    28 Oct 2010, 11:42 AM Reply Like
  • Terry330
    , contributor
    Comments (870) | Send Message
     
    You can see why Conservatives want to turn over American retirement funds to Wall-Street.
    28 Oct 2010, 11:50 AM Reply Like
  • tripleblack
    , contributor
    Comments (13589) | Send Message
     
    "...which means lots of potential upside is still there for issuers."

     

    LOL, wrong.

     

    The 34% who knew what ETF's are used for is neatly balanced by the other 66% that has been terrorized into fleeing the equity markets.
    28 Oct 2010, 11:53 AM Reply Like
  • Luke Skywooker
    , contributor
    Comments (412) | Send Message
     
    Doesn't ETF mean Eat The Food?? I'm buying more McDonalds.
    28 Oct 2010, 12:39 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Hub
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs