Seeking Alpha

Senator Harry Reid gives a little buzzkill to the idea a brewing bill to legalize online poker...

Senator Harry Reid gives a little buzzkill to the idea a brewing bill to legalize online poker will ever pass muster with the Senate to create a booming coast-to-coast industry. The Internet Poker Bill (history, text) lacks the support of Republicans, according to the Nevada lawmaker.
From other sites
Comments (6)
  • bbro
    , contributor
    Comments (10697) | Send Message
     
    Who is giving the buzzkill??
    27 Nov 2012, 03:25 PM Reply Like
  • youngman442002
    , contributor
    Comments (5129) | Send Message
     
    might as well give them a license to steal that welfare money
    27 Nov 2012, 03:25 PM Reply Like
  • wyostocks
    , contributor
    Comments (8852) | Send Message
     
    Hey Harry, How about passing a budget.
    27 Nov 2012, 03:29 PM Reply Like
  • Terry330
    , contributor
    Comments (870) | Send Message
     
    Harry did the right thing, GOP demands more tax cuts for top 1%, at the expense of the other 99%.
    27 Nov 2012, 03:52 PM Reply Like
  • ptpchris
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message
     
    Is there any secondary source for this? Was it a comment at today's fiscal cliff press conf?
    27 Nov 2012, 04:12 PM Reply Like
  • Mike Maher
    , contributor
    Comments (2826) | Send Message
     
    Does the fact that online poker is illegal make any sense? I can play poker in Vegas, AC, or any dozens of Indian Casinos, Riverboat Casinos, or other casinos. I can even play it in my house, as long as the house doesnt rake. However, if I want to play online (which is incredibly easy to do), its technically illegal. A little logic in Washington would go a long way.
    27 Nov 2012, 04:13 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Hub
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs