US Airways (LCC +3.3%) sent a merger proposal to American Airlines (AAMRQ.PK) and its creditors...

|About: American Airlines Group (AAL)|By:, SA News Editor

US Airways (LCC +3.3%) sent a merger proposal to American Airlines (AAMRQ.PK) and its creditors in mid-November, according to the WSJ. The pitch is an all-stock deal divvying up the carrier 70% to American's creditors and the remaining 30% to US Airways. If all went according to plan, the combined airline would be valued at close to $8B.