Seeking Alpha

CYS Investments (CYS) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend. For shareholders of record Dec....

CYS Investments (CYS) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend. For shareholders of record Dec. 21. Payable Dec. 28. Ex-div date Dec. 19. Additionally, the board declares special dividend of $0.52/share payable with regular dividend. Shares +1.5% AH. (PR)
Comments (2)
  • William Packer
    , contributor
    Comments (321) | Send Message
     
    Gross. Dividend cut again even though net interest margins should have improved. Special dividend is just a return of book value, which is much lower today then in September due to the mbs sell off. Enjoy your new tax bill to come if you hold these shares. Taxes on a return from book value.
    10 Dec 2012, 05:11 PM Reply Like
  • ChuckJ
    , contributor
    Comments (72) | Send Message
     
    Exactly what is the tax bill? Is it ordinary income tax? If that's 25% wouldn't the CYS owner get the other 75%?

     

    ChuckJ
    12 Dec 2012, 02:07 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio:

|