The "Fed put" stocks have enjoyed for the past four years will fade in H2 and send the S&P...

The "Fed put" stocks have enjoyed for the past four years will fade in H2 and send the S&P 500 below 1,400 by year's end, Wells Fargo's Gina Martin Adams believes. If the economy improves, expect the Fed to be more hard pressed in justifying near-zero interest rates and easing efforts; mere chatter about an unwind in 2014 will be enough to weigh on stocks.

Comments (8)
  • Ryan Schroeder
    , contributor
    Comments (170) | Send Message
    Her argument is that an improving economy will send the stock market down. Makes sense...
    25 Mar 2013, 07:10 PM Reply Like
  • idkmybffjill
    , contributor
    Comments (1880) | Send Message
    When one of these clowns makes a public forecast, it basically means the opposite will happen.
    25 Mar 2013, 07:18 PM Reply Like
  • idkmybffjill
    , contributor
    Comments (1880) | Send Message
    Also, it's too bad her job doesn't depend on whether her prediction comes true or not.
    25 Mar 2013, 07:19 PM Reply Like
  • Mattster
    , contributor
    Comments (165) | Send Message
    It will be the bond prices that crash when twist is done.
    25 Mar 2013, 07:25 PM Reply Like
  • Ted Bear
    , contributor
    Comments (677) | Send Message
    Not if the Fed keeps the punch bowl full to overflowing, it won't.


    You heard Benanke..."we don't try to influence assets prices"...but he sure knew an awful lot about the exact performance of the stock market bubble he has created.
    25 Mar 2013, 08:00 PM Reply Like
  • lo574
    , contributor
    Comments (39) | Send Message
    It'll be interesting no doubt **IF** what they say is true and the Fed represents 60% of the market right now, the remaining 40% being stock buybacks and true purchasers.
    25 Mar 2013, 08:43 PM Reply Like
  • Tack
    , contributor
    Comments (15973) | Send Message
    No wonder the banks have had problems, if this represents the quality of their analytic think.
    25 Mar 2013, 08:57 PM Reply Like
  • OptionManiac
    , contributor
    Comments (3465) | Send Message
    The Fed won't pull the tablecloth out from underneath the place settings expecting nothing to happen. They are very well aware of the consequences of their actions.
    25 Mar 2013, 09:12 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs