Dispute an article
Seeking Alpha takes the accuracy of articles published on the platform very seriously.
- Navigate to the article
- Scroll down to the bottom of the article. Beneath the article, there is a module called About this article
- Locate the following text, "Problem with this article? Please tell us."
- Click on the "Please tell us" link and report the problem
- In your report, please provide all the relevant information, and supporting evidence of your claim to expedite the dispute process.
Article Dispute Process
Once your dispute is submitted, it is reviewed by a team of senior editors. If the reviewer deems the dispute valid and relevant for investigation, they will acknowledge receipt of the dispute to you, and commence review of the dispute.
That process begins with editorial validation of an error. If editors determine that an article contains a material factual error, they will either take action to have the author correct the error or will remove the article, depending on the circumstances.
If the dispute hinges on an interpretation of facts or is beyond the scope of Seeking Alpha’s capacity to research, editors may take the following steps:
- Attempt to contact the author for response/correction to the disputant's claim.
- If the author does not respond within a reasonable timeframe, or if the article appears to contain a material factual error that we cannot immediately correct, temporarily remove the article and indicate the reason for its removal on the article page. Editors will then request a correction by the author, or a statement that he sees no need for a correction.
In all cases, as a platform for free discourse, the disputant may respond to the disputed article by submitting an article focused on the counterpoint. We also welcome responses from publicly-traded corporations to articles regarding their stock. Rebuttal articles should focus on the disputants opinion and analysis, and not include personal approbation of the original author. All submissions will of course be subject to our editorial standards for publication.
If the disputant chooses to respond, we will add a link to the disputant's article at the top of the original article. If the disputant chooses not to respond, we may at our discretion include a statement at the top of the original article indicating that its accuracy has been disputed.
Instablogs, StockTalk and Comments
- No incitement to hatred. Material that promotes hatred toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity will be removed.
- No pornography or pedophelia
- No direct or implied threats of violence
- No copyright violations
- No publication of private information without the permission of its owner
- No illegal use of your account for dangerous or illegal purposes
- No spam or 'link spamming'
We do not adjudicate or moderate disputes of fact on Instablogs, StockTalks and Comments.
If the form does not work for you, as a second resort, you can submit a dispute via email.