Seeking Alpha Conduct & Investment Policy
- About Seeking Alpha
- Editorial principles
- Commenting on SA
- SA transcripts
- The SA management
- What's new
- Who reads SA
- SA Job Opportunities
- For Contributors
- Become a contributor
- Premium Partnership Program
- Article submission guidelines
- Author Testimonials
- Seeking Alpha Certified
- Feature your
business / blog / book
- Policy on anonymous contributors
Seeking Alpha expects the highest ethical standards from our employees. For this reason, we've established the following policies governing our employees' behavior and personal investing:
Rule #1: No short-term trading: You must hold positions in stocks, options, bonds, and ETFs for a minimum of 90 days. You may request a waiver of this rule under extenuating circumstances.
Rule #2: No front-running: You may not buy/sell stocks, options, bonds and ETFs if you have knowledge of a yet-to-be-published article discussing that security.
Rule #3: Don't abuse your position: You may not abuse your position at Seeking Alpha (knowledge, access, authority, etc.) for personal gain.
For purposes of clarification:
- Your investments include the investments of any person or entity whose investment activity could reasonably be attributed to you.
- Investment activity does not include the purchase/sale of stocks made by investment managers in managed funds, collective investment schemes or other vehicles where you have no control over the decisions or timing of investments made.
You agree, upon request, to provide Seeking Alpha with brokerage statements related to your investments. Such information will be used solely for the purpose of complying with this policy.