Freddie Mac Announces June 21 Effort to Help Active and Retired Service Members Buy Homes in North Carolina
MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/12/14 -- Freddie Mac (FMCC) today announced it is teaming up with the Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals and the Kingdom Community Development Corporation on June 21 to hold the American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House in Fayetteville, NC. Freddie Mac is one of the nation's largest sources of affordable mortgage funds for America's borrowers.
The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House is free and will provide service members, veterans and their families with free borrower counseling, house tours, and news about a special Freddie Mac closing cost incentive when buyers purchase a HomeSteps home. HomeSteps is Freddie Mac's REO sales division.
The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House will be held on June 21, between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, at the Kiwanis Recreation Center, 352 Devers Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301. For more information, contact the Kingdom Community Development Center at 910-484-2722 or at email@example.com.
Attribute to Christina Diaz-Malone, Vice President, Corporate Relations and Housing Outreach, Freddie Mac:
"The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House is about fulfilling the American Dream the men and women in our armed forces fight for every day. It is about training veterans and active duty personnel to become successful homeowners in North Carolina. Homeownership is Freddie Mac's mission. We are proud to work with the Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals and the Kingdom CDC to make homeownership possible for today's military families."
Additional News Facts:
- The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House will be held on June 21 in Fayetteville, NC, the home of Ft. Bragg, one of the world's largest military bases. Ft. Bragg has approximately 57,000 military personnel, 11,000 civilian employees and 23,000 family members.
- The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House will provide attendees with news about HomeSteps' special Buy-A-Home initiative that can provide up to 3% of seller paid closing costs when buyers purchase a HomeSteps home.
- On June 21 and June 22 tours of active HomeSteps listings will be provided by members of the Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals and other real estate agents during the American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House.
- Kingdom CDC will provide American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House attendees with borrower counseling and education using CreditSmart, the financial literacy program Freddie Mac developed to help more families become successful homeowners. More than four million borrowers have received CreditSmart training over the past decade.
- The American Heroes Housing Fair and Open House supports National Homeownership Month, when Americans focus on the importance of homeownership to their families and communities.
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today Freddie Mac is making home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Additional information is available at FreddieMac.com, Twitter @FreddieMac and Freddie Mac's blog FreddieMac.com/blog.
Source: Freddie Mac