Fri, Jul. 24, 7:19 AM
- American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) reports passenger revenue per available seat mile fell 6.9% to $0.1357 in Q2.
- Mainline costs per available seat mile dropped 12.8% to $0.1187 on lower fuel expenses (average fuel price -37.2%).
- Total revenue passenger miles were up 1.1% during the quarter, while available seat miles fell 1.9%.
- Q2 load factor -90 bps to 83.4%.
- AAL +2.09% premarket to $43.50.
Fri, Jul. 24, 7:09 AM
Thu, Jul. 23, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:27 AM
- American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) reports profit rose to a record $1.2B in Q1 despite some F/X challenges.
- Total operating expenses fell 7.1% Y/Y to $8.6B off a powerful 42.2% drop in fuel costs.
- Domestic passenger revenue per available seat mile fell 1% to $0.1310 during the quarter on a load factor of 82.9%.
- Total international passenger revenue per available seat mile decreased 4.1% to $0.1147 off a load factor of 75.6%.
- AAL +1.26% premarket.
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:05 AM
Thu, Apr. 23, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 7:38 AM
- American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) reports revenue rose 2.1% to $10.2B on a combined basis during Q4.
- Total available seat miles +1.7%.
- Passenger revenue per available seat mile -1% to $0.135.
- Load factor -180 bps to 80.4% due to weakness with the Atlantic and Latin America regions.
- Total operating expenses fell 4.1% to $9.3B.
- Fuel costs -17.3% Y/Y.
- AAL +0.5% premarket.
Tue, Jan. 27, 7:03 AM
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:30 PM
Oct. 23, 2014, 8:04 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, AB, ACAT, AEP, ALK, ALV, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, AVT, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CHKP, CLI, CMCSA, CMS, CRI, CRS, CS, CSH, CVE, CWEI, DAN, DGX, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, EQM, EQT, FAF, GM, GMT, GPI, GRUB, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IVC, JAH, JAKK, JBLU, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LO, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MTRN, NLSN, NOK, NUE, NWE, ORI, OSIS, OSTK, OXY, PCP, PENN, PHM, PLD, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RS, RTN, RYL, SIAL, SILC, SJR, SLAB, SONS, SQNS, STC, TDY, TROW, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, UTEK, WCC, WSO, YNDX, ZMH
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:59 AM
- American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) -1.4% premarket after saying it posted the highest quarterly profit in the company’s history, and will pay its first dividend since 1980, highlighting a transformation since the airline emerged from bankruptcy and combined with US Airways.
- The $0.10/share quarterly payout is part of a capital deployment plan that includes more than $2.8B in debt and aircraft lease prepayments and $1B in stock buybacks.
- In addition, AAL says it will make supplemental contributions of $600M to its defined benefit plans this year, above the $120M minimum required contribution.
- During the quarter, AAL's passenger revenue per available seat mile rose 5.9% on a combined basis, while its load factor, or the portion of seats filled, fell to 84.3% from 85.3%.
- Q2 pretax margins were 12.8%, vs. 7.4% a year earlier, on a combined basis.
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:36 AM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, ABC, ALK, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BPOP, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CLF, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COG, CRI, CRY, CSH, CWEI, DAN, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, DST, ECA, EQM, EQT, F, FAF, FLIR, GM, GNTX, GPI, GPK, GRUB, HOT, HSY, IMAX, IMS, IQNT, ISSI, IVC, JAH, JBLU, KEM, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MHO, MMM, MTH, MTRN, NBL, NDAQ, NOK, NUE, NWE, O, ORI, OSTK, PCP, PDS, PENN, PHM, PNK, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTIX, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SIAL, SQNS, SUI, SVU, SXC, TDY, TROW, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, VAC, VDSI, VIVO, WAB, WCC, WIT, WYN, ZMH
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:15 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 8:01 AM
AAL vs. ETF Alternatives
American Airlines Group Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates in the airline industry. The Company has hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C.
Other News & PR