Fri, Feb. 6, 9:20 AM
- Aaron's (NYSE:AAN) reports core same-store sales decreased 2.8% in Q4.
- Traffic fell off 4.6% during the period.
- Segment revenues: Sales & Lease Ownership: $522.6M (-2%); HomeSmart: $15.5M (+2%); Progressive: $220.8M.
- Operating margin rate declined 75 bps to 5.37%.
- Total store count -43 Y/Y to 2,108.
- FY2015 Guidance: Total revenues: ~$3.05B to $3.25B; Same-store sales: ~-4%; Adjusted EBITDA: $295M to $325M; Capital Expenditure: $55M to $75M; Effective tax rate: ~36% to 38%; Diluted EPS: $1.68 to $1.88; Adjusted Diluted EPS: $1.90 to $2.10.
- AAN -3.91% premarket.
Jul. 11, 2014, 7:52 AM
- Shares of Rent-A-Center (RCII) are now down 14.1% in premarket trading after warning it will miss estimates with its Q2 report.
- The soft read on demand from lower-income consumers in the U.S. by the company falls in line with trends being seen at Wal-Mart and Family Dollar.
- Analysts warn the earnings misfires could spill over to other retailers.
- On watch: Aaron's (AAN), Conn's (CONN), Big Lots (BIG), Five Below (FIVE), Dollar Tree (DLTR).
May. 12, 2014, 5:49 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 9:13 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 9:17 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 9:13 AM
- Aaron's (AAN) acquires Progressive Finance in an all-cash deal for $700M.
- The purchase of the merchandise lease-to-own concern will be "double digit" accretive to EPS this year and even more accretive in 2015, according to Aaron's.
- The company is also out with announcement that its board has determined that the standing offer from Vintage Capital Management at $30.50 per share isn't in its best interest.
- AAN -5.2% premarket as a drop in Q1 revenue and EPS guidance factors in along with the buyout developments.
Feb. 7, 2014, 12:58 PM
Jan. 13, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Aaron's (AAN -7.2%) lowers Q4 EPS guidance to $0.27-$0.31 vs. $0.38-$0.41 prior and $0.40 consensus after seeing same-store sales turn negative during the period.
- FY14 EPS is pegged by the company at $1.80-$2.00 vs. $2.17 consensus.
- As a result of current trends, Aaron's plans to slow down the future growth track of new Aaron's and HomeSmart stores.
Oct. 4, 2013, 9:27 AM
Oct. 4, 2013, 9:12 AM
Jul. 11, 2012, 9:13 AMShares of hhgregg (HGG) continue their freefall, now down 29.1%, following the retailer's sharp cut in guidance. While RadioShack (RSH) and Best Buy (BBY) are the obvious sympathy selloff plays - Aaron's (AAN), Conn's (CONN), and even GameStop (GME) could also get swept into the fray on concerns about the electronics market. | Comment!
Apr. 26, 2012, 5:02 PM
Dec. 13, 2011, 10:07 AM
Nov. 7, 2011, 10:18 AM
Oct. 25, 2011, 10:57 AMShares of Aaron's (AAN), down 7%, lose traction after missing Q3 EPS estimates by $0.02 and offering lukewarm guidance. Though revenue increased 7% Y/Y to $485M - led by a 5.3% gain in same-store sales and a 6.3% jump in same-store customer counts - the company concedes its customers are getting hit by high unemployment and overall economic pressure. Following the report, BB&T downgraded Aaron's to a Hold rating from Buy. | Comment!
Oct. 5, 2011, 11:20 AM
AAN vs. ETF Alternatives
Aaron's Inc is aspecialty retailer of furniture, consumer electronics, computers, appliances and household accessories.Its business segments areSales and Lease Ownership, Progressive, HomeSmart, Franchise and Manufacturing.
Other News & PR