What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
May 20, 2015, 9:56 AM| May 20, 2015, 9:56 AM | 1 Comment
Apr. 29, 2015, 6:12 AM
- ABB (NYSE:ABB): Q1 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $8.55B (-9.7% Y/Y) beats by $230M.
Apr. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Apr. 20, 2015, 10:11 AM
- ABB (ABB +1%) has been awarded orders worth around $30M from Swiss Federal Railways and Matterhorn Gotthard Railway to boost power supply and help accommodate rising railway traffic volumes in southwestern and central Switzerland.
- Work on the three new traction substations being supplied by ABB will be completed by 2018.
Mar. 25, 2015, 10:27 AM
- ABB (ABB +0.1%) is partnering with Samsung SDI to accelerate growth of the global microgrid market.
- The two will establish an alliance to develop and market modular and scalable microgrid solutions, utilizing lithium-ion batteries for energy storage.
- Separately, ABB announced a $12M order from the Ministry of Electricity and Water of Kuwait to refurbish and upgrade three existing substations.
Mar. 19, 2015, 3:16 PM
- Winning a $900M order from a consortium of Statnett, TenneT and KfW, ABB (ABB -1%) will supply on-shore high-voltage direct current converter stations and cable systems to facilitate the first ever interconnection between the Norwegian and German power grids.
- At 623 kilometers long, the link will be the longest HVDC connection in Europe.
- On Monday, ABB announced a $155M contract from Norway's Statoil to provide systems and equipment for two HVDC converter stations linking the Johan Sverdrup offshore field with the onshore grid.
Mar. 16, 2015, 10:15 AM
- ABB (ABB +1%) will supply systems and equipment to two HVDC converter stations linking the recently discovered Johan Sverdrup offshore field with the onshore grid, after winning a $155M contract from Norway's Statoil (STO -2.8%).
- Oil production at Johan Sverdrup is expected to start in late 2019. Full production is estimated at 550K-650K barrels of oil equivalent per day, which would constitute 40% of total oil production on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- Previously: Statoil forecasts $205B in revenue from John Sverdrup field (Nov. 03 2014)
- Previously: Norway to outline Johan Sverdrup project plan in early 2015 (Sep. 22 2014)
Mar. 12, 2015, 8:26 AM
- ABB (NYSE:ABB) has won a $130M order from DONG Energy to supply a cable system that will bring power from the Walney Extension wind park off the northwest coast of England to more than a million people in the U.K.
- The Walney Extension will provide additional generation potential of 660 MW on top of the existing offshore wind farm’s 367 MW.
Mar. 10, 2015, 10:23 AM
- After forming an innovation and technology alliance in 2014 to increase the use of renewable energy, ABB (ABB -2.7%) and Solar Impulse have announced the first round-the-world flight in a plane powered only by energy from the sun.
- The plane, powered by 17,248 solar cells, will ascend to altitudes approaching 10K meters during the day while fully charging its batteries to stay aloft throughout the night.
- The solar-powered aircraft took off from Abu Dhabi at daybreak yesterday, and will return there after a 22,000 mile journey in mid-2015.
Mar. 3, 2015, 9:51 AM
- ABB (ABB -0.9%) and Ericsson (ERIC -0.3%) are partnering to provide an end-to-end automation platform that will enable cloud operators to monitor, control and automate energy management, costs and workloads in data centers.
- The new platform, which will being together the Ericsson Cloud System and ABB’s Decathlon data center infrastructure management system, will be standardized and designed for efficiency and sustainability.
Feb. 26, 2015, 11:18 AM
- For the second year in a row, ABB (ABB +0.3%) registered more patent applications with the European Patent Office than any other Swiss-based company.
- "Innovation has always been a key source of competitive advantage for ABB," said Chief Technology Officer Claes Rytoft.
- ABB filed 450 patent applications with the EPO in 2014. Each year, the company on average invests $1.5B in R&D.
Feb. 12, 2015, 9:50 AM
- Helping expand Belgium’s power grid to accommodate more wind energy, ABB (ABB +1.2%) has won an order worth around $35M from Elia (OTC:ELIAF) for gas-insulated switchgear and shunt reactors.
- Shunt reactors increase the energy efficiency of power transmission by improving power quality and reducing transmission costs.
Feb. 10, 2015, 10:37 AM
- Energinet.dk has awarded ABB (ABB) with an over $100M order to build an alternating current cable system that will enable the transmission of power from Denmark's largest offshore wind farm, Kriegers Flak, to the mainland grid.
- The new project will help increase the country’s wind power capacity to over 40%.
Feb. 9, 2015, 10:26 AM
Feb. 5, 2015, 6:28 AM
- ABB (NYSE:ABB): Q4 EPS of $0.30 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $10.35B (-9.0% Y/Y) misses by $450M.
- Shares -0.96% PM.
Feb. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
ABB Ltd provides power and automation technologies. It offers products, systems, solutions and services that are designed to boost industrial productivity, increase power grid reliability, and enhance energy efficiency.
Other News & PR