Nov. 20, 2015, 12:53 PM
- There have been emerging market equity fund outflows for 16 of the past 19 weeks, and debt fund outflows in 23 of the past 26, according to the latest fund flow data from BAML. Year-to-date fund outflows of $86B is tops since 2008.
- For perspective, European equity funds have seen inflows for 25 of the past 27 weeks.
- While China's devaluation complicates things, "humiliated emerging markets are ripe for a bounce as Fed expectations peak," says the team.
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, ETF, FM, DGS, EDZ, SCHE, EEMV, IEMG, EEB, EDIV, EMF, MSF, DVYE, FRN, EWX, EEV, BIK
Aug. 19, 2015, 2:15 AM
- A slump in emerging market confidence has led to $1T in capital outflows over the past 13 months, roughly double the amount that fled during the financial crisis.
- The sustained exodus of capital highlights concerns that developing economies, suffering slowing growth and weakening currencies, are relinquishing their longstanding role as locomotives to become a drag on demand instead.
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, ETF, FM, DGS, EDZ, SCHE, EEMV, IEMG, EEB, EDIV, EMF, MSF, DVYE, FRN, EWX, EEV, BIK, IHD, BKF, PIE, ADRE, CEE, TRF, EET, FNI, HILO, EUM, GMF, GUR, GMM, ESR, BBRC, EMFM, PXH, EEMS, EELV, DGRE, EEMA, DBEM, EDOG, EEME, FEMS, FNDE, EMCR, FEM, BICK, XSOE, EWEM, EMDD
Jun. 24, 2013, 12:06 PMThe iShares Emerging Markets (ETF) (EEM -3.3%) continues its severe underperformance this year, about doubling the S&P's loss today as China plummeted 5.3% overnight and Brazil (EWZ -4%) sinks. A big outperformer from the lows of the financial crisis through early 2011, emerging markets have now given up all of those gains over the last 2-plus years. | Jun. 24, 2013, 12:06 PM
Nov. 14, 2012, 11:31 AM
They're getting there. Closed-end investment funds take it on the chin again, with the PIMCO High Income Fund (PHK -6.6%) leading. At $10.56, the fund no longer sports a ridiculous near-75% premium to NAV, but with NAV currently at $8.32, there remains a wide gulf.| Nov. 14, 2012, 11:31 AM | 10 Comments