Nov. 11, 2015, 11:07 AM
- There are some gentle gains across the beer sector after Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +1.1%) and SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +2.2%) formalize their merger plan.
- Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY +1.6%), Molson Coors (TAP +0.7%), Ambev (ABEV +0.9%), Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY +5.9%), Craft Brew Alliance (BREW +1.8%), and Boston Beer (SAM +0.2%) are showing increases of varying degrees.
- Most analysts think the beer giants will make the necessary concessions to appease regulators in the U.S. and China. On SA, Chris DeMuth says the deal will extend the reach of the best operators in the business.
- Molson Coors in particular is widely identified as a winner in the deal through its pickup of a full stake in MillerCoors. Still to play out is what beer company makes a bid for SABMiller's position in CR Snow in China. China Resources Beer Holdings (OTCPK:CRHKY, OTC:CRHKF) is the 51% owner of the alluring JV.
- Previously: Molson Coors sees huge synergies down the road from MillerCoors deal (Nov. 11 2015)
- Previously: AB InBev, SABMiller seal MegaBrew deal (Nov. 11 2015)
Jul. 7, 2015, 2:04 PM
- Continuing its efforts to grow its premium brand exposure, Ambev (ABEV -2.2%) has bought Colorado, a brewer based in Brazil's Sao Paulo state.
- Colorado exports its beers to the U.S. and France, and had 2014 revenue of R$19M ($6M). The deal follows Ambev's February acquisition of Brazilian craft brewer Wäls, and its May acquisition of top Colombian craft brewer Bogotá Beer Company.
Apr. 16, 2012, 12:09 PMMore on Argentina's takeover of YPF: The government will send a bill to Congress to take a 51% stake in the oil & gas giant for the "public good," according to an official. The move follows weeks of government pressure for the firm to spend more and pay its investors less. Shares -14%, Repsol (REPYY.PK) -1.7%. | Apr. 16, 2012, 12:09 PM | 9 Comments
Ambev SA engages in the production, distribution and sale of beverages. It offers beer under the brand names Skol, Brahma, Antarctica, Bohemia, Original, Quilmes, PaceÃ±a, Pilsen, Labatt Blue, Alexander Keith's, Kokanee, and GuaranÃ¡ Antarctica; and carbonated soft drinks, other non-alcoholic... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Beverages - Brewers
Other News & PR