Dec. 9, 2015, 8:58 AM
- ABM has agreed to buy Westway Services, a provider of technical engineering services to customers in the U.K.
- With annual revenues of approximately $81M, the acquisition adds to the company's current strength in Britain and supports ABM's transformation to a solutions-driven business.
- The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:10 PM
- Facility service provider ABM Industries (ABM +1%) has wrapped the sale of its security business to Universal Protection Service for a pretax $131M.
- Divesting the security service -- which employs about 13,500 guards -- will let ABM focus on core strengths, says CEO Scott Salmirs. Among its remaining on-site businesses are janitorial, parking and facility services.
- Wells Fargo and Jones Day acted as advisers on the transaction.
- Universal Protection Service is a unit of Universal Services of America, owned by Warburg Pincus.
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:18 AM
ABM Industries (ABM) agrees to buy Air Serv Corp. for ~$158M in cash, as it looks to expand its service offerings to airlines and airport authorities. ABM says Air Serv, when combined with ABM's janitorial, facility solutions, security and parking airport businesses, will create an integrated aviation vertical with ~$650M in annual revenues.| Oct. 9, 2012, 9:18 AM