Autobytel Confusing On Multiple Levels
Autobytel Is A Takeover Target In A Consolidating Industry
Dr. Hugh Akston • 14 Comments
Dr. Hugh Akston • 14 Comments
Thu, May 5, 4:43 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Mar. 10, 4:14 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:44 PM
- Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL): Q3 EPS of $0.45 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $40.18M (+46.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.22M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Oct. 2, 2015, 12:40 PM
Oct. 1, 2015, 6:45 PM
- Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL) has acquired AutoWeb, owner of an search engine/marketplace linking car buyers with dealers/OEMs, and monetized on a pay-per-click basis. AutoWeb CEO Matias de Tezanos is joining the board, as is AutoWeb president Jose Vargas and director Robert Mylod.
- Autobytel, which previously owned 15% of AutoWeb, is issuing 170K series B junior convertible preferred shares, and warrants for 150K series B preferred shares. Each series B preferred share is convertible into 10 shares of common stock. The warrants have an exercise price of $184.47, and become exercisable 3 years after issuance "in three tranches based on the performance of the closing price of the company common stock during the term of the warrants."
- The company asserts AutoWeb's provides "a sophisticated analytics platform with data methodologies that provide insights into consumer shopping and purchasing behavior" and a "world-class technology development team with proven expertise in the clicks and display ad marketplaces," and "further expands Autobytel's suite of dealer offerings, including TextShield, SaleMove and GoMoto."
- Autobytel now expects Q3 revenue of $39M, above a $37.6M consensus. With AutoWeb on the books, 2015 revenue has been hiked to $132M-$134M from a prior $128M-$132M. EPS guidance has been cut to $1.17-$1.23 from $1.21-$1.27 due to the dilution produced by the acquisition. AutoWeb is expected to be accretive to EPS in 2016.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:39 PM
- Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL): Q2 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $30.39M (+17.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.68M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Jul. 7, 2015, 10:05 AM
- Barrington Research has launched coverage on Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL) with an Outperform rating and $22 target.
- The automotive site owner/marketing services provider is now up 43% YTD. Shares go for 10.6x a 2016 EPS consensus of $1.47.
May 22, 2015, 12:47 PM
May 7, 2015, 4:37 PM
- Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL): Q1 EPS of $0.21 in-line.
- Revenue of $26.2M (-3.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.2M.
May 6, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ADVS, AGO, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, ALSK, AMBR, AMH, ASYS, AVNW, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BKD, CA, CBS, CDXS, CERN, CNAT, CORT, CROX, CUTR, CYBR, DATA, DIOD, DXPE, EBS, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EGY, ENOC, ENV, ERII, ESPR, EVC, EZPW, FLDM, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GALE, GDOT, GEOS, GST, GXP, HTGC, IMPV, INWK, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KEYW, KTOS, LBTYA, MAIN, MCHP, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MNST, MOH, MTD, MTRX, NGVC, NHI, NOG, NUAN, NVAX, NVDA, OLED, OMED, OUTR, PCTY, PETX, PLNR, POST, PRO, PSIX, RBA, RBCN, RIGL, RJET, RMAX, RMTI, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEMG, SFM, SGMS, SLW, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSNI, STMP, SWIR, TCX, TEAR, TGI, THOR, TLLP, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, WIFI, XOMA, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Feb. 27, 2015, 12:55 PM
Feb. 27, 2015, 12:31 PM
- Autobytel (NASDAQ:ABTL) has surged to its highest levels since last July after blowing away Q4 EPS estimates (while posting nearly in-line revenue) and guiding for 2015 EPS of $0.97-$1.16, well above a $0.46 consensus. 2015 revenue guidance of $114M-$120M is in-line with a $118.1M consensus.
- Boosting Q4 EPS: Operating expenses fell to 32.5% of revenue from 32.9% in Q3 and 34.8% a year ago. Also: Gross margin was 40%, down slightly from Q3's 40.2% but up from 39.1% a year ago.
- Auto leads/services revenue rose 23% Y/Y to $22.8M, with retail revenue rising 52% to $11.3M and wholesale just 3% to $11.5M. Ad revenue rose 127% to $1.6M thanks to the Jumpstart deal, which boosted site traffic.
- Lake Street Capital's Eric Martinuzzi (Buy) notes the results follow Q4 purchases from 9 insiders, and that a mix shift towards ad revenue (near-100% gross margin) is lifting EPS. He does note Autobytel continues to see its served dealer count decline, but adds management expects the figure to bottom in 2015.
- Q4 results, PR
Autobytel, Inc. is a automotive marketing services company, which assists automotive retail dealers and manufacturers, market and sell new and used vehicles through internet purchase request referral programs together with related dealer marketing products and services and online advertising... More
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR