Wed, Nov. 4, 4:48 PM
- Q3 NOI of $75M or $0.28 per share vs. $67M and $0.24 in Q2.
- Net asset value per share of $20.44 vs. $20.35 in Q2. Today's close of $12.82 is a 37% discount to book.
- 9.7M shares, or 3.6% of the float bought back during quarter at average price of $13.82 each. The buys boosted NAV per share by $0.23.
- Conference call tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: American Capital beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Nov. 4)
- ACAS +1.4% to $13 in after hours action.
Wed, Nov. 4, 4:38 PM
Tue, Nov. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:14 PM
- Q2 net operating income of $67M or $0.24 per share vs. $50M and $0.18 in Q1.
- NAV per share of $20.35 up from $20.12 at end of Q1. Today's close was $12.95.
- 6.5M shares repurchased during quarter at average price of $14.32 each, total of $93M. Buybacks added $0.14 to NAV. Company intends to repurchase $300M-$600M of stock prior to the American Capital Income spin-off, at prices below 85% of NAV. Float is 270M shares.
- A key strategy of the spin, says CFO John Erickson, is positioning the balance sheet to pay a market rate dividend. Pre-tax NOI was up 24%, and ROE of 7.1% increased from 5.6%. "While we have work to improve the yield, we are making progress."
- Conference call tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: American Capital beats by $0.01, beats on revenue (Aug. 5)
- ACAS -0.2% after hours
Wed, Aug. 5, 4:59 PM
Tue, Aug. 4, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACAS, ACXM, AEGR, AGU, ALB, AMTG, ANDE, AREX, ARNA, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, AXLL, BEE, BGC, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CBS, CCRN, CF, CJES, CLNE, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CORT, COUP, CPE, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CUTR, CXW, DCO, DNB, DPM, DXCM, ECHO, ECOL, ENS, EQC, ETE, ETP, FANG, FLT, FMC, FNGN, FOXA, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GBDC, GDDY, GMCR, GPOR, HABT, HDP, HI, HIVE, HLF, HR, IAG, ICPT, IL, IRWD, ITRI, JACK, JAZZ, JONE, KND, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNT, MCHX, MED, MELI, MG, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MRO, MUSA, NHI, NKTR, NLY, NOG, NP, OME, OPK, OSUR, PACB, PDLI, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, POWR, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PSIX, RAIL, REG, RGLD, RIG, RLD, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGI, SGMO, SGY, SHOR, SLF, SQNM, SSNI, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TLLP, TRNX, TRQ, TS, TSLA, TSO, TTEC, TTMI, TTPH, TUMI, UHAL, UIL, VVC, WGL, WPX, WSR, WTI, WTW, XNPT, XPO, ZU
Wed, May 6, 4:33 PM
- Q1 pretax NOI of $78M or $0.28 per share vs. $60M and $0.21 in Q4.
- Net asset value per share of $20.12 slips from $20.50 at start of year, with $0.36 of that the result from forex translation of the European Capital balance sheet. Today's close of $14.90 is a 26% discount to book.
- Spin-off plans revised: Company now plans to spin off just one new BDC (not two) which will be known as American Capital Income, and which will own almost all of American Capital's (NASDAQ:ACAS) existing investment assets. American Capital will remain in the asset management business.
- The move was made as Sponsor Finance originations increased to $689M in 2014, up 167% from the previous year. American Capital Income is expected to exit lower-yielding loans to instead concentrate on Sponsor Finance.
- Previously: American Capital misses by $0.14, beats on revenue (May 6)
- Shares -0.55% after hours
Wed, May 6, 4:13 PM
Tue, May 5, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ALB, ALDW, AMTG, ANAC, AREX, ATML, ATO, ATVI, AUQ, AWK, BEAT, BGC, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, BWC, CCRN, CECO, CF, CHEF, CHGG, CJES, CKP, CLR, CLVS, CODI, CPA, CPE, CSLT, CSOD, CUZ, CXW, CZR, DMD, DPM, ECR, EFC, EGN, ENSG, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ESS, ETE, ETP, EXTR, EXXI, FLTX, FNGN, FNV, FOXA, FRSH, GBDC, GMCR, GUID, HIVE, HR, HUBS, IL, IO, IVR, JKHY, JONE, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGCY, LHCG, MASI, MCHX, MELI, MET, MITT, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, NEWP, NLY, NP, NSIT, NSTG, NUS, OAS, ORA, OSUR, PAYC, PDLI, PEGA, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, PTLA, QLTY, QTM, REG, RIG, RIGP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGM, SLH, SN, SQNM, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, THRX, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TTPH, TUMI, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, VVC, WBMD, WFM, WGL, WTI, XNPT
Wed, Feb. 25, 7:37 AM
- Q4 pretax net operating income of $60M or $0.21 per share vs. $52M and $0.19 one year ago.
- Net asset value per share of $20.50 vs. $20.46 at end of Q3. Last night's close was $14.90.
- Progress continues to be made on plans to spin off two BDCs to shareholders. "We continue to adjust our assets so that the two new BDCs will be able to pay market rate dividends and so that the asset composition of the new BDCs will meet statutory requirements."
- Earnings call at 11 ET
- Previously: American Capital misses by $0.05, beats on revenue (Feb. 24)
- ACAS flat premarket
Tue, Feb. 24, 10:33 PM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:27 PM
- American Capital (NASDAQ:ACAS) will spin off two BDCs - American Capital Growth and Income and American Capital Income - leaving ACAS primarily in the asset management business.
- American Capital Growth and Income's assets will be those primarily issued by companies purchased through American Capital One Stop Buyouts, senior floating rate loans to private companies, and CLO equity investments. This business is at present allocated about $3B of equity.
- American Capital Income's assets will mostly be second lien and mezzanine loans to middle market companies. This business is at present allocated about $1B of equity.
- Both new BDCs will be managed by American Capital. As part of the deal, American Capital will consolidate its operations and remaining assets with American Capital Asset Management. This business at present allocated about $1B of equity.
- The company expects about $25M in cost savings annually, beginning in 2015.
- Source:; Press release
- Previously: American Capital beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- The earnings conference call is set for tomorrow at 11 ET
- Shares +9.5% after-hours
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:14 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Q2 net realized earnings of $19M or $0.07 per share off 14% from a year ago. Net unrealized appreciation of $193M or $0.69 per share up from essentially zero one year ago.
- NAV per share of $20.12 up $0.83 (17% annualized) from Q1, up 4% from a year ago. Today's close of $15.32 is a 23.9% discount to NAV.
- Management is finding the task of separating the management business from the rest of the company a difficult one, but nevertheless expects to have something concrete to present in Q4.
- Previously: American Capital misses on revenue
- ACAS -0.45% AH
American Capital Ltd is an asset management and private equity firm. The Company originates, underwrites and manages investments in the middle market private equity, leveraged finance, real estate, energy and structured products.
Other News & PR