Yesterday, 8:25 AM
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) was yesterday's biggest laggard among Dow stocks, sinking 1.6% after reporting a 2% drop in orders for Q2, with industrial orders - GE’s jet engines, power turbines, oil production equipment, et. al. - plunging 16% amid weakness in oil and gas prices that hurt demand.
- "The texture of this quarter is very similar to the two most recent quarters, with exceptionally weak orders,” says Morgan Stanley's Nigel Coe, who rates GE at Equal Weight with a $32 price target.
- GE's total Q2 revenues rose 15% Y/Y to $33.5B, but organic industrial sales excluding the Alstom acquisition fell 1%; GE needs to meet its own expectations for a substantial upturn in organic trends in H2 in an "extremely challenging" environment, Coe says.
- "Those are capital intensive purchases and if those get pushed out even just a little bit" it could weaken GE's performance, says Edward Jones analyst Jeff Windau.
- Andrew Elofson at Davidson Investment Advisors takes the long view, seeing Q2 as "a speed bump on the path to their transformation” and not really looking at whether GE can hit its 5% organic sales growth target for H2.
- But Standpoint Research’s Ronnie Moas responded to the Q2 results by slapping a Sell rating on GE with a $26 price target, seeing no reason to own the shares that trade at more than 20x 2016 EPS estimates while "dozens" of mid-cap names with room to grow trade at or below 10x earnings - such as YRCW, TGI, AVH, GBX, ARII, CBI, UAL, SPR and ACM.
Tue, May 10, 6:59 AM
Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM| Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:52 PM
- Fluor (NYSE:FLR) confirms it has been awarded a five-year nuclear cleanup contract valued at ~$1.4B for a U.S. Department of Energy site in Idaho.
- FLR says it will be responsible for cleaning toxic and radioactive contamination, watching over spent nuclear fuel and other duties at the site west of Idaho Falls.
- FLR beat out AECOM (NYSE:ACM) for the lucrative but high-risk federal cleanup job.
Tue, Feb. 9, 7:31 AM
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:30 PM
Nov. 10, 2015, 6:57 AM
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM): FQ4 EPS of $0.94 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $4.72B (+84.4% Y/Y) misses by $210M.
Nov. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 11, 2015, 7:02 AM
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM): FQ3 EPS of $0.74 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $4.55B (+131.0% Y/Y) misses by $200M.
Aug. 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
May 12, 2015, 7:03 AM
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM): FQ2 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $4.51B (+141.2% Y/Y) beats by $80M.
May 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
Feb. 10, 2015, 7:09 AM
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM): FQ1 EPS of $0.71 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.56.
- Revenue of $4.19B (+114.9% Y/Y) misses by $400M.
Feb. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 7:04 AM
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM): FQ4 EPS of $0.79 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.56B (+23.1% Y/Y) beats by $310M.
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services for public and private clients around the world. The company operates through three segments: Design & Consulting Services, Construction Services, and Management Services. The Design & Consulting Services... More
Industry: Technical Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR