Jul. 29, 2014, 4:27 AM
- Aecom Technology (NYSE:ACM) is expected to announce its purchase of Hunt Construction today, a construction-management company that specializes in stadium work.
- The new acquisition is Aecom's second big purchase in two weeks. The company bought rival URS for $4B in cash and shares on July 14.
- With the new additions of Hunt and URS, Aecom's workforce will reach 95K in 150 countries and generate annual revenue of about $20B.
Jul. 14, 2014, 3:25 AM
- Aecom Technology (NYSE:ACM) has agreed to acquire rival URS for $4B in cash and shares, forming a company with roughly double the amount of turnover than the next closest competitor in the industry. Aecom is already the world’s largest engineering design company by revenue.
- URS shareholders will receive $33 in cash and 0.734 of an Aecom share for each URS share they hold. URS shares have had a chaotic last few months, dropping below $45 this June from $55 last September. Shares started to then climb a few weeks ago due to M&A speculation.
Jul. 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
Fluor (FLR +0.1%) gives back most of an early pre-market pop following the announcement earlier that CB&I (CBI -14%) was acquiring Shaw (SHAW +58%) for $46 per share - a 72% premium from Friday's $26.69 close. Other peers with similar moves on the news today: URS +1%, KBR +0.8%, JEC +0.2%, ACM +1% and TTEK +0.7%.| Jul. 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
Jan. 6, 2012, 7:13 AM
Aecom Technology (ACM) announces that it picked up Taiwan-based Capital Engineering for an undisclosed amount. The company says the deal will expand its footprint in Asia.| Jan. 6, 2012, 7:13 AM