Mon, Apr. 18, 11:47 AM
- Accenture (NYSE:ACN) and privately-owned Apax Partners have agreed to form a joint venture to accelerate the innovation of claims, billing and policy administration software for the insurance industry.
- Funds advised by Apax will acquire a 60% stake in Accenture’s Duck Creek Technologies; ACM will retain a 40% stake.
- The joint venture is intended to further accelerate the development of Duck Creek products and technologies, leveraging advanced digital and cloud technology, and to extend the reach of Duck Creek in key markets.
- Duck Creek Technologies will gain access to substantial capital and management expertise through Apax Partners. This will enable further investment, both organically and through acquisitions, to fuel rapid expansion of Duck Creek products and capabilities – particularly Duck Creek On-Demand, a native SaaS capability delivered through the cloud.
Dec. 15, 2015, 5:54 PM
- Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has announced its third acquisition in six days. The target this time is Beacon Consulting Group, a Boston-based provider of consulting services to money managers.
- Accenture: "This acquisition significantly expands Accenture's asset management consulting capabilities and enhances its ability to help global investment managers, institutional investors and asset servicers gain an edge in increasingly competitive markets.
Beacon Consulting will become part of Accenture's Capital Markets practice, reinforcing its expertise and capabilities in asset management to help asset managers and other financial services companies design, build and operate their business."
- FQ1 results arrive on Thursday morning.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions
Dec. 10, 2015, 4:01 PM
- A day after announcing a deal to buy IoT-related industrial tech consulting firm Cimation, Accenture (ACN +0.3%) has announced it's buying Boomerang Pharmaceutical Communications, a Swiss online ad agency focusing on pharma, biotech, and medical device clients. As usual, terms are undisclosed.
- Boomerang has been around for 17+ years, has 80+ employeesand offices in Switzerland, France, Ireland, and New Jersey. The company will be added to Accenture's consulting arm; its purchase is declared to be "another step in Accenture's strategy of adding key skills and capabilities to deliver end-to-end services, including online promotion, content and campaign management, and marketing execution and operations."
- Over the last 12 months, Accenture has also bought Hong Kong-based digital ad agency owner PacificLink, Australian digital design/ad agency Reactive Media, and Swedish digital content/commerce consulting firm Brightstep.
Dec. 9, 2015, 2:50 PM
- Continuing its 2015 acquisition spree, Accenture (ACN -1.7%) is buying Cimation, an industrial asset/operations management services firm employing ~200 people. Terms are undisclosed.
- Accenture declares Cimation to be "known for its work in process automation, information technology (IT) and industrial control system (ICS) cyber security," and goes as far as to call it an industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) consulting company. GE, Intel, Cisco, IBM, and various other industrial/tech giants have unveiled IoT platforms over the last two years promising to help companies connect, monitor, control, and gather data from industrial hardware.
- Target verticals include oil/gas, pipelines, chemicals, metals, and mining. Accenture's FQ1 report arrives on the morning of Dec. 17.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions
Sep. 15, 2015, 12:52 PM
- Accenture (ACN +1.4%) is acquiring Cloud Sherpas, an advisory/IT services firm that helps enterprises deploy cloud apps from Google, Salesforce, and ServiceNow. As usual, terms are undisclosed.
- Cloud Sherpas' 1,100+ workers will join Accenture's newly-formed Cloud First Applications consulting/services team. Accenture notes it already has over 2,700 Salesforce-certified professionals, and that Cloud Sherpas will provide it with another 500.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions
Aug. 17, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has bought Total Logistics, a U.K.-based provider of logistics/supply chain-related IT consulting services. As usual, terms are undisclosed.
- Accenture, looking to profit from the major investments being made by traditional retailers to expand their e-commerce offerings, will initially use Total's services to support retail/consumer goods clients. Other industries such as life sciences, automotive, and industrial equipment will be supported later.
- Recent acquisitions: EnergyQuote JHA, Solium, PacificLink, Brightstep
Jul. 21, 2015, 12:18 PM
- Accenture's (ACN -0.4%) latest buyout target is EnergyQuote JHA, a London-based provider of energy management services for European firms. As usual, terms are undisclosed.
- EnergyQuote has 279 employees in Europe and India. Offered services include energy procurement, forecasting, emissions reduction, and risk, contract, portfolio, and utility bill management. Accenture asserts the purchase will extend its "industry-leading position in the procurement market and enhance [its] ability to provide comprehensive energy management services."
- Yesterday, Accenture announced it's taking full ownership of its enterprise cloud/mobile services JV with BBVA.
Jul. 20, 2015, 2:34 PM
- Accenture (ACN +0.5%) has assumed full ownership of its Solium cloud/mobile services JV with Spanish bank BBVA for an undisclosed sum. Accenture previously owned a 33.3% stake, and BBVA the rest.
- Solium, based in Spain and founded in 2001, provides technical services to enterprises looking to deploy private or hybrid clouds, as well as mobile infrastructure management services. Accenture notes Solium's "primary client base is in the financial services industry in Europe, and particularly Spain," while adding it also "serves companies in other industries including natural resources, consumer products, communications and technology."
- As part of the deal, Solium will continue providing hybrid cloud services to BBVA for 5 years.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions: PacificLink, Brightstep, Javelin Group
Jul. 8, 2015, 2:07 PM
- Accenture (ACN -0.9%) is buying PacificLink, the owner of five Hong Kong digital service agencies employing 240 workers between them. Terms are undisclosed.
- Like Swedish agency Brightstep and Australian agency Reactive Media, PacificLink will be added to Accenture Interactive, which provides a variety of digital ad, content, design, and e-commerce services.
- Last week, Accenture announced an $830M deal to sell U.S. airline reservation system provider Navitaire for $830M.
Jul. 2, 2015, 7:38 AM| Jul. 2, 2015, 7:38 AM
Jun. 23, 2015, 3:46 PM
- Accenture (ACN -0.4%) has bought Brightstep, a Swedish provider of digital content/commerce consulting services, for an undisclosed sum. The company has added Brightstep to its Accenture Interactive digital consulting arm, and states the deal will allow it to provide more personnel trained in e-commerce software offerings from Adobe, SAP/hybris, and Intershop.
- The acquisition follows Accenture's December purchase of Australian digital design agency Reactive Media, and its May purchase of U.K. retail/digital consulting firm Javelin Group.
- Last month: Cowen upgrades Accenture, cites consulting/digital growth
May 18, 2015, 1:37 PM
- Accenture (ACN +0.5%) is acquiring Javelin Group, a U.K. consulting firm that helps retailers with their digital (online, mobile, etc.) strategies and service offerings. Terms are undisclosed.
- Javelin has 160 employees. Accenture states its offerings include "digital market assessment and potential evaluation, digital performance improvement, omni-channel retail planning, retail analytics, supply chain fulfillment and operations, as well as location and international expansion strategy," as well as tech consulting and system implementation/support services.
- Accenture, never shy to expand via M&A, recently announced a deal to buy Salesforce.com consulting services firm Tquila UK. The company bought federal tech services firm Agilex in February, and energy/utility services firm Structure in January.
Feb. 9, 2015, 4:02 PM
- Accenture (ACN -0.9%) has bought Agilex, a provider of analytics, mobile management, software development, and cloud deployment services (among others) for U.S. federal clients. Terms are undisclosed.
- Agilex's clients include the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, and Commerce. The company will be added to Accenture's federal services arm (AFS), whose clients have included (per Accenture) 30 major federal organizations and every cabinet-level department.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions: Structure, Reactive Media
Jan. 6, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Acquisition-happy Accenture (NYSE:ACN) is acquiring Structure, a 190-employee company that provides consulting and system integration services (among others) for energy and utility clients. Terms are undisclosed.
- Accenture: "Structure's capabilities in grid operations and power systems engineering, combined with Accenture's global strengths in information technology, will provide our clients with comprehensive end-to-end solutions and services to support the integration of operational technologies with IT systems."
- The company also plans to "combine Structure's market operations and commodities trading services with Accenture's capabilities in digital asset management." Last month, Accenture announced the acquisition of Australian digital design/ad agency Reactive Media.
Dec. 3, 2014, 12:33 PM
- Accenture (ACN +0.4%) is acquiring Reactive Media, an Australian agency providing Web and mobile design, advertising, and e-commerce services (among other things) to corporate clients. Terms are undisclosed.
- Reactive has 130 employees, and claims to have seen revenue growth during each of its 17 years in existence. Accenture will add Reactive's offerings to its Accenture Interactive services unit.
- The purchase follows the 2013 acquisitions of digital consulting firms Fjord and Acquity Group, each of which has already been folded into Accenture Interactive.
Jun. 9, 2014, 11:42 AM
- Acquisition-hungry Accenture (ACN +1.1%) has bought PureApps, a U.K. firm that specializes in implementing enterprise performance management (EPM) solutions (a growing market) based on Oracle software. Terms are undisclosed.
- Accenture plans to integrate PureApps' offerings with its Finance and Enterprise Performance practice, and says the deal will both strengthen its U.K. EPM presence and help it more broadly support European clients.
- Other recent acquisitions: PCO Innovation, Procurian, Prion Group, Mortgage Cadence.
Accenture Plc is an investment holding company, which engages in the provision of management consulting, technology, and outsourcing services. It operates through the following segments: Communications, Media, and Technology; Financial Services; Health and Public Service; Products; Resources;... More
Industry: Management Services
Country: United States