Tue, Mar. 29, 9:59 AM
- The loser of the battle for Starwood Hotels & Resorts between Marriot International (MAR) and Anbang may go shopping in Europe, tips Bloomberg Gadfly.
- The most ovious target may be InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG -0.1%), although a full buyout of NH Hotel Group (OTC:NHHEF, OTCPK:NHHEY) or Accor (OTCPK:ACRFF, OTCPK:ACRFY) could be part of the Starwood loser's new strategy.
Dec. 9, 2015, 2:15 PM
Nov. 17, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Hotel industry insiders think there is more consolidation within the lodging sector on tap to follow the merger of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and Marriott International.
- A significant increase in scale is seen as a way to compete with upstarts such as Airbnb, while interested Chinese buyers are still lurking in the background.
- Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H), InterContinental Hotels Group (NYSE:IHG), and Acccor (OTCPK:ACRFF, OTCPK:ACRFY) are three names to watch for M&A.
- Previously: Marriott to buy Starwood Hotels for $12.2B (Nov. 16 2015)
May 22, 2012, 3:29 AM
Blackstone (BX) will buy Accor's troubled U.S. budget hotel business for $1.9B. Accor, a French hotel group, is trying to focus on growth outside the U.S., while Blackstone wants to invest "significant capital" in Motel 6 properties to "accelerate the expansion of the franchise base."| May 22, 2012, 3:29 AM