Acacia Research CorporationNASDAQ
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:23 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Wed, Sep. 14, 5:38 PM
Thu, Sep. 8, 5:41 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:37 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:04 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:05 PM
- Acacia Research (NASDAQ:ACTG): Q1 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $24.72M (-27.7% Y/Y) beats by $1.22M.
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 21, 3:00 PM
- Acacia Research (ACTG +9.4%) states its board has approved a tax benefit preservation plan meant to protect the company's ability to use net operating loss carryforwards (NOLs) and tax benefits in the future. (8-K filing)
- Notably, IP licensing firm says the plan is designed to reduce the likelihood it will see an ownership change by discouraging any person/group from obtaining a 4.9%+ stake, and from discouraging existing 4.9%+ holders from buying additional shares.
- Acacia: "A company that experiences an ownership change generally will be subject to an annual limitation on certain of its pre-ownership change tax assets equal to the value of the corporation immediately before the ownership change, multiplied by the long-term-tax-exempt rate (subject to certain adjustments), provided that the annual limitation will be increased each year to the extent that there is an unused limitation in a prior year. The limitation arising from an ownership change on the Company's ability to utilize the Tax Benefits depends on the value of the Company's stock at the time of the ownership change."
- The move comes with Acacia trading at a fraction of its 2014 and early-2015 levels. The company eliminated its dividend last month, and announced in December (following an adverse verdict in the company's patent suit against Alcatel-Lucent) CEO Matthew Vella had resigned.
Fri, Feb. 26, 12:45 PM
Fri, Feb. 26, 10:34 AM
- Acacia Research (ACTG -19.8%) used its Q4 report to state the company is eliminating its $0.125/share quarterly dividend, Acacia: "The Board terminated the dividend policy due to a number of factors, including the Company's financial performance and its available cash resources, the Company's cash requirements and alternative uses of cash that the Board concluded would represent an opportunity to generate a greater return on investment for the Company."
- 12 new revenue agreements were executed in Q4 vs. 8 in Q3 and 33 a year ago. Licensing/enforcement programs generating revenue totaled 14 vs. 13 in Q3 and 27 a year ago.
- A $74.7M impairment charge was taken on patent-related intangible assets, and a $30.1M charge on goodwill. MG&A spend fell by $3.6M Y/Y to $8.6M; litigation/licensing expense spend rose by $3.1M to $11.3M, and inventory royalty/contingent legal fee payments were flat at $11.7M.
- Acacia ended 2015 with $146M in cash and no debt. The company's market cap is currently $154M.
- Acacia's Q4 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:45 PM
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:03 PM
- Acacia Research (NASDAQ:ACTG): Q4 EPS of $0.09 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $37.5M (+20.9% Y/Y) beats by $9.89M.
- Shares -3.44%.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Tue, Jan. 5, 9:58 AM
- Citing management changes, low visibility, and the company's recent Alcatel-Lucent patent suit loss, Barclays' Darrin Peller has downgraded Acacia (ACTG -6.2%) to Underweight, and cut his target by $8 to $4.
- The patent licensing firm is now down 30% since the Alcatel verdict arrived on Dec. 18, and at its lowest levels since the financial crisis. CEO Matthew Vella's resignation was announced on Dec. 22.