Fri, Sep. 25, 10:00 AM
- A number of shoe stocks are getting a free ride on Nike's back this morning.
- Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) +2.8%, Under Armour (NYSE:UA) +2.4%, Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) +1.6%, and Skechers (NYSE:SKX) +2.4% are notable gainers.
- An important read-through from the Nike report is that the sports industry in China may be in solid shape with the government providing some backing. Sports participation rates have been on the rise for the middle class in the region.
- Previously: Nike +9% after powerhouse performance in China (Sep. 25 2015)
Wed, Jun. 10, 4:49 PM
- The eight-year merchandising and marketing partnership will make Nike (NYSE:NKE) the official on-court apparel provider beginning with the 2017-18 NBA season.
- Alongside this deal is an expanded presence with the WNBA, and a new partnership with the NBA D-League.
- Source: Press Release
- NKE +1%, UA -0.1% after hours. Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) no trades.
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:41 AM
- Shares of Lululemon (LULU) are higher in premarket trading off of a Bloomberg report indicating Adidas (ADDYY) or V.F. Corp (VFC) might be interested in buying the company out.
- A 34% YTD decline in Lulu's share price has brought questions on fair valuation back to the forefront.
- Though the forward P-E ratio on Lululemon hasn't been lower since 2009, missteps by management and new competition has taken some of the bloom off the rose.
- LULU +1.2% premarket
Feb. 17, 2012, 12:51 PMThe bad times get worse for K-Swiss (KSWS -9.7%), after the shoemaker's Q4 miss and soft 2012 revenue guidance ($240M-$250M vs. consensus of $269.8M) demonstrate the challenges it faces in competing with larger rivals Nike (NKE) and Adidas (ADDYY.PK). K-Swiss' Q4 gross margin was just 25.6%, down 680 bps Y/Y and well below Nike's FQ2 gross margin of 42.7%. (previously) | Feb. 17, 2012, 12:51 PM | Comment!
Sep. 28, 2011, 10:50 AMShares of shoe companies look a little skittish after Reebok (ADDYY.PK) settles with the FTC for $25M over deceptive claims certain brands of its shoes led to muscle toning. Though the settlement amount is small to a multi-billion dollar industry, the sector could now face pressure to back up claims "toning" shoes aren't gimmicks. Decliners: SKX -2.2%, SHOO -2.4%, CROX -3.1%. | Sep. 28, 2011, 10:50 AM | Comment!
Sep. 6, 2011, 10:41 AMHSBC downgrades Nike (NKE -3.2%) to Neutral from Overweight with a $96 PT. The firm notes potentially weak back-to-school consumer spending and a concern if Nike has lost its competitive position in Europe and Russia against rival Adidas (ADDYY.PK) leading up to the Euro soccer championship next summer. | Sep. 6, 2011, 10:41 AM | Comment!
ADDYY vs. ETF Alternatives
The adidas Group is a global leader in the sporting goods industry, offering a broad portfolio of footwear, apparel and hardware for sport and lifestyle around the core brands adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group employs more than... More
Other News & PR