Wed, Jun. 10, 4:49 PM
- The eight-year merchandising and marketing partnership will make Nike (NYSE:NKE) the official on-court apparel provider beginning with the 2017-18 NBA season.
- Alongside this deal is an expanded presence with the WNBA, and a new partnership with the NBA D-League.
- Source: Press Release
- NKE +1%, UA -0.1% after hours. Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) no trades.
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:41 AM
- Shares of Lululemon (LULU) are higher in premarket trading off of a Bloomberg report indicating Adidas (ADDYY) or V.F. Corp (VFC) might be interested in buying the company out.
- A 34% YTD decline in Lulu's share price has brought questions on fair valuation back to the forefront.
- Though the forward P-E ratio on Lululemon hasn't been lower since 2009, missteps by management and new competition has taken some of the bloom off the rose.
- LULU +1.2% premarket
Feb. 17, 2012, 12:51 PMThe bad times get worse for K-Swiss (KSWS -9.7%), after the shoemaker's Q4 miss and soft 2012 revenue guidance ($240M-$250M vs. consensus of $269.8M) demonstrate the challenges it faces in competing with larger rivals Nike (NKE) and Adidas (ADDYY.PK). K-Swiss' Q4 gross margin was just 25.6%, down 680 bps Y/Y and well below Nike's FQ2 gross margin of 42.7%. (previously) | Comment!
Sep. 28, 2011, 10:50 AMShares of shoe companies look a little skittish after Reebok (ADDYY.PK) settles with the FTC for $25M over deceptive claims certain brands of its shoes led to muscle toning. Though the settlement amount is small to a multi-billion dollar industry, the sector could now face pressure to back up claims "toning" shoes aren't gimmicks. Decliners: SKX -2.2%, SHOO -2.4%, CROX -3.1%. | Comment!
Sep. 6, 2011, 10:41 AMHSBC downgrades Nike (NKE -3.2%) to Neutral from Overweight with a $96 PT. The firm notes potentially weak back-to-school consumer spending and a concern if Nike has lost its competitive position in Europe and Russia against rival Adidas (ADDYY.PK) leading up to the Euro soccer championship next summer. | Comment!
ADDYY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR