Fri, Oct. 14, 2:07 PM
Fri, Aug. 12, 11:41 AM
Fri, Aug. 5, 8:00 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:10 AM
- Wells Fargo ticks off 20 S&P 500 stocks with the most upside potential vs. consensus, and the 20 with the most downside risk vs. consensus.
- The list is compiled by comparing the midpoint of Wells Fargo Securities valuation ranges to consensus fair value estimates, volatility adjusting the percentage difference, and ranking the resulting score.
- Upside: AEE, BEN, CCL, DVA, EIX, ES, EXC, FTR, HUM, INTC, JNJ, LNT, PEG, PNW, SCG, T, WEC, WU, XEL, XOM.
- Downside: ANTM, C, CI, COF, EQT, FOXA, FSLR, GS, KIM, LH, MON, MSI, MYL, NVDA, NWSA, SLG, TIF, TSO, UA, WLTW.
Mon, Jun. 27, 7:27 PM
- One of the biggest Brexit beneficiaries is the utilities sector, as the Dow Jones Utility Average and the SPDR Utilities Select Sector ETF both surged to new record highs as Treasury yields tumble to multiyear lows.
- The implied annual dividend yield for the Dow utilities is 3.08% and 3.18% for the utilities ETF, more than double the 10-year Treasury yield.
- J.P. Morgan equity strategists said today that they believe bond yields "are not going anywhere but lower,” and thus remain overweight on the utilities sector.
- At least six Dow utilities components posted record closes: NEE +3.3%, EIX +2.5%, AWK +2.4%, ED +1.9%, AEP +1.8%, PCG +0.8%.
- Among other major utilities in today's trade: SO +1.9%, DUK +1.9%, SCG +1.6%, ETR +1.1%, D +1%, AEE +1%, XEL +0.9%, SRE +0.9%, PEG +0.7%, FE +0.7%, EXC +0.6%.
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU
Thu, May 12, 3:56 PM
- Ameren (AEE -0.2%) is preparing to make a final takeover offer for Westar Energy (WR +0.5%), which has asked interested suitors to submit binding offers by May 23, Bloomberg reports.
- Great Plains Energy (GXP +0.2%) also may be interested in WR and has been seeking to partner with a financial investor such as a pension fund or infrastructure fund to help raise the cash necessary to buy its larger rival, according to the report.
- WR, the largest utility in Kansas, reportedly has been considering a sale amid a flurry of U.S. utilities mergers prompted by tepid power demand and mounting costs.
Tue, May 10, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 10, 5:17 PM
Fri, Apr. 29, 12:33 PM
- Ameren (NYSE:AEE) declares $0.425/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.55%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 8; ex-div June 6.
Fri, Apr. 8, 2:09 PM
- Westar Energy (WR +2.3%) moves higher after a brief trading halt, following a Bloomberg report that the Kansas electric utility is getting interest from buyers.
- Ameren (AEE -0.1%), which provides electrical transmission and natural gas delivery to 3M-plus customers in Missouri and Illinois, reportedly is interested, as well as an investor consortium that includes Borealis Infrastructure Management and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Initial bids for WR, which has a ~$7B market cap, are due next week, according to the report.
- Now read Westar Energy +7% as it reportedly talks to potential buyers
Fri, Feb. 19, 8:02 AM
- Ameren (NYSE:AEE): Q4 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.31B (-4.4% Y/Y) misses by $200M.
- Shares -2.2% PM.
Thu, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 11:51 AM
- Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE) declares $0.425/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.77%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 9; ex-div March 7.
Mon, Jan. 4, 9:03 AM| Mon, Jan. 4, 9:03 AM
- December monthly performance was: -1.6%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -3%
- $0.65 in dividends were paid in December
- Top 10 Holdings as of 11/30/2015: Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.08%, Ameren Corp (AEE): 1.05%, Maxim Integrated Products Inc (MXIM): 1.04%, Coach Inc (COH): 0.87%, Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc (DO): 0.84%, HollyFrontier Corp (HFC): 0.83%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 0.83%, JM Smucker Co (SJM): 0.82%, Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): 0.82%, CVR Energy Inc (CVI): 0.82%
Dec. 1, 2015, 9:28 AM| Dec. 1, 2015, 9:28 AM
- November monthly performance was: +0.71%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -1%
- $0.17 in dividends were paid in November
- Top 10 Holdings as of 10/30/2015: Maxim Integrated Products Inc (MXIM): 1.09%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.06%, Ameren Corp (AEE): 1.04%, CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP): 0.89%, Coach Inc (COH): 0.85%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 0.85%, HollyFrontier Corp (HFC): 0.85%, CMS Energy Corp (CMS): 0.82%, Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): 0.81%, Darden Restaurants Inc (DRI): 0.81%