Agnico Eagle Mines LimitedNYSE
Tue, Nov. 29, 9:37 AM
Thu, Nov. 17, 6:47 PM
- Higher gold prices this year has prompted some of the world's largest bullion producers to increase dividends, but Randgold Resources (NASDAQ:GOLD) CEO Mark Bristow warns higher payouts may be too hasty in light of past mistakes.
- "The industry hasn't learned" from squandering the spoils from gold prices above $1,900/oz. in 2011 on dividends and acquisitions, rather than cutting costs and investing in existing mines, Bristow tells Reuters.
- Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) doubled its quarterly dividend last month and introduced a new payout policy with the potential to more than double dividends from Q1 2017, Newcrest Mining (OTCPK:NCMGF) reinstated its dividend this year for the first time since 2013, Agnico Eagle (NYSE:AEM) raised its quarterly dividend by 25% in July to the highest in three years, and Harmony Gold (NYSE:HMY) paid its first dividend in four years in August.
- Randgold, which prides itself on being a low-cost producer that is careful with its cash, itself is planning to raise its dividend at year-end.
Wed, Nov. 9, 10:51 AM
- Gold has pared early gains approaching 5%, now just +1% at $1,287.70/oz., with silver +1.5% at $18.64/oz., but precious metals mining stocks continue to enjoy strong gains.
- “The market is telling you that the mining sector is the biggest beneficiary of a Trump election, particularly precious metals,” says Investec Securities analyst Jeremy Wrathall.
- Among precious metals miners today: ABX +3.5%, NEM +4.3%, GG +5.6%, AEM +4.2%, SLW +3.4%, KGC +4.2%, RGLD +5.1%, EGO +3.8%, NG +5.8%, GOLD +5%, GFI +5.5%, AU +4.5%, HMY +5.9%, SBGL +7.1%, FNV +3.8%, AUY +5.3%, IAG +4.6%, BTG +6.3%, NGD +7.6%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, DUST, PSLV, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, GTU, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SLVO, SGDM, GLDI, ASA, DSLV, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, RING, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, GYEN, USV, GEUR, UBG, GDXX, GDXS
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:03 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Tue, Oct. 4, 2:20 PM
- Precious metals miners are slammed as gold prices dip well below $1,300/oz. to settle at $1,269.70, its lowest since the U.K.'s Brexit vote in June, as upbeat U.S. manufacturing data yesterday has stoked expectations of higher interest rates.
- Gold is “falling off the cliff,” says Naeem Aslam, chief market analyst at ThinkMarkets. “Traders are buying the equity market with both hands, especially over in the U.K.” as the British pound declines.
- Among precious metals miners today: ABX -9.2%, KGC -10.4%, GG -7.8%, NEM -8.7%, EGO -7.4%, RGLD -7.8%, AEM -8.9%, NG -9.7%, SLW -9.1%, FNV -5.6%, IAG -11.2%, GOLD -8.1%, AU -9.3%, GFI -6.4%, SBGL -8.1%, HMY -9.9%, AUY -11.6%, BTG -9.3%, NGD -6.6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, SILJ, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDJJ, GDXX, GDXS
Wed, Sep. 21, 5:55 PM
- Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) was today's best-performing stock in the S&P 500 and precious metals miners gained across the board, enjoying a big boost from the Fed’s decision to keep interest rates unchanged.
- NEM even outperformed the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) - +7.5% vs. +7% - and Credit Suisse analysts say business in looking up for the miner, as NEM continues to meet or beat cost and production targets, as well as strengthen its portfolio.
- The firm adds that NEM believes shareholders appreciate its predictability, discipline and defining growth based on free cash flow rather than production.
- Also today: ABX +8.6%, GG +7%, AEM +7.1%, EGO +5.7%, KGC +7.6%, SLW +7.8%, FNV +4.8%, RGLD +9.6%, IAG +7.9%, GOLD +4.7%, AU +10.4%, GFI +9%, SBGL +9.5%, HMY +11.8%, AUY +7.6%, BTG +6.3%, NG +8.1%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXX, GDXS
Wed, Aug. 24, 2:30 PM
- Shares of gold miners are sharply lower as gold futures fall 1.2% to settle at a one-month low $1,329.70/oz., closing below its 50-day moving average for the first time since June 7.
- The top gold miners ETF (GDX -6.3%) trades well below its 50-day moving average of $29.09 and is on pace for its first four-day losing streak since early November.
- Investors are dialing down bullish bets on gold ahead of Friday's scheduled remarks from Janet Yellen, says Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals.
- Among top mining stocks: ABX -8.4%, NEM -6.7%, GG -8.7%, KGC -9%, AEM -6.3%, SLW -7.3%, RGLD -7.3%, EGO -7.2%, GFI -5.1%, AUY -8.8%, GOLD -5%, HMY -5.7%, SBGL -4.9%, IAG -8.7%, BTG -6.9%, NG -7.3%, FNV -6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, DGL, RING, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, UBG, GDXX, GDXS
Mon, Aug. 8, 12:58 PM
- Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM -0.3%) is downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform with a $67 price target at RBC Capital, which says AEM has consistently met or exceeded production targets but the strong execution already is priced into the stock's premium valuation.
- The firm says AEM appears to be pricing in the miner's recent favorable guidance revision as well as expected Q4 and year-end resource and reserve additions.
- Despite AEM's premium valuation, RBC acknowledges several potential exploration catalysts ahead, including results from Amaruq, El Barqueno, Kittila, Canadian Malartic and Barsele.
- Meanwhile, RBC upgrades IAMGOLD (IAG +3%) to Sector Perform from Underperform with a $6.50 price target, raised from $5.50, citing improving operational performance and positive cost trends through Q2, which combined with a healthier gold price environment should see IAG deliver positive sustaining and operating free cash flow in H2.
Fri, Jul. 29, 5:25 PM
- For investors who missed gold’s climb to a two-year high in early July, it’s not too late to jump in, according to Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM) CEO Sean Boyd, who says the rally in gold miners is just getting started.
- Boyd says AEM is ready to take advantage, laying the groundwork for expanded output through exploration, adding that it is “one of the very few companies that can see its output 30%-40% higher in five years from now from stuff we already own."
- Making the case for still-higher gold prices, Boyd says: “There’s still a tremendous amount of debt in the system. There’s an inability to create conditions for growth. You’ve got a negative-interest-rate environment, which is a great environment for gold from an opportunity-cost standpoint. And you’ve still got very strong demand coming out of China and India."
- While most gold miners continue to proceed with caution, AEM just raised its quarterly dividend to $0.10/share from $0.08 after Q2 earnings beat analyst estimates.
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:11 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:52 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Mon, Jul. 25, 10:49 AM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM -4.7%) has agreed to purchase about 15M common shares of Belo Sun Mining (OTCPK:VNNHF -3.6%) pursuant to the latter's previously announced underwritten public offering of approximately 77M common shares.
- Agnico Eagle will pay C$0.85 per subject share, for total consideration of about C$12.7M.
- Agnico currently owns around 74M common shares of Belo Sun, representing approximately 19.2% of its issued and outstanding common shares on a non-diluted basis.
Thu, Jul. 21, 12:58 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +1.9%) says a group of armed men stormed its La India mine in northern Mexico yesterday, stealing a cache of silver and gold.
- AEM’s Mexican subsidiary does not provide an estimate of the value of the theft, but says the mine in the Sonora state - known for drug violence - is operating normally.
- The La India mine has a lifespan of seven years and is expected to produce 100K oz. of gold in 2016.
Fri, Jun. 24, 9:11 AM
- Gainers: AAU +20%. VGZ +18%. MUX +13%. AKG +12%. GPL +13%. GORO +12%. GFI +12%. EMES +12%. GOLD +12%. AU +12%. SBGL +11%. EXK +11%. KGC +10%. HMY +11%. SAND +10%. ABX +10%. EGO +9%. SA +7%. IAG +9%. AUY +9%. CDE 9%. NGD 9%. AEM 8%. NEM 8%. GG 8%. NG 8%. FSM 7%.
- Losers: LYG -27%. BCS -26%. SAN -24%. RBS -23%. AV -23%. BBVA -22%. DB -18%. ING -18%. BT -18%. VNR -11%. TEF -17%. CS -16%. PUK -15%. MT -15%. AEG -14%. RYAAY -13%. UBS -12%. FCAU -12%. GNCA -12%. NOK -12%. BBL -11%. IPI -11%. TOT -11%. ANFI -11%. MNKD -10%. BCEI -8%. VMEM -10%.