Agnico Eagle Mines LimitedNYSE
Tue, Oct. 4, 2:20 PM
- Precious metals miners are slammed as gold prices dip well below $1,300/oz. to settle at $1,269.70, its lowest since the U.K.'s Brexit vote in June, as upbeat U.S. manufacturing data yesterday has stoked expectations of higher interest rates.
- Gold is “falling off the cliff,” says Naeem Aslam, chief market analyst at ThinkMarkets. “Traders are buying the equity market with both hands, especially over in the U.K.” as the British pound declines.
- Among precious metals miners today: ABX -9.2%, KGC -10.4%, GG -7.8%, NEM -8.7%, EGO -7.4%, RGLD -7.8%, AEM -8.9%, NG -9.7%, SLW -9.1%, FNV -5.6%, IAG -11.2%, GOLD -8.1%, AU -9.3%, GFI -6.4%, SBGL -8.1%, HMY -9.9%, AUY -11.6%, BTG -9.3%, NGD -6.6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, SILJ, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDJJ, GDXX, GDXS
Wed, Sep. 21, 5:55 PM
- Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) was today's best-performing stock in the S&P 500 and precious metals miners gained across the board, enjoying a big boost from the Fed’s decision to keep interest rates unchanged.
- NEM even outperformed the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) - +7.5% vs. +7% - and Credit Suisse analysts say business in looking up for the miner, as NEM continues to meet or beat cost and production targets, as well as strengthen its portfolio.
- The firm adds that NEM believes shareholders appreciate its predictability, discipline and defining growth based on free cash flow rather than production.
- Also today: ABX +8.6%, GG +7%, AEM +7.1%, EGO +5.7%, KGC +7.6%, SLW +7.8%, FNV +4.8%, RGLD +9.6%, IAG +7.9%, GOLD +4.7%, AU +10.4%, GFI +9%, SBGL +9.5%, HMY +11.8%, AUY +7.6%, BTG +6.3%, NG +8.1%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXX, GDXS
Wed, Aug. 24, 2:30 PM
- Shares of gold miners are sharply lower as gold futures fall 1.2% to settle at a one-month low $1,329.70/oz., closing below its 50-day moving average for the first time since June 7.
- The top gold miners ETF (GDX -6.3%) trades well below its 50-day moving average of $29.09 and is on pace for its first four-day losing streak since early November.
- Investors are dialing down bullish bets on gold ahead of Friday's scheduled remarks from Janet Yellen, says Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals.
- Among top mining stocks: ABX -8.4%, NEM -6.7%, GG -8.7%, KGC -9%, AEM -6.3%, SLW -7.3%, RGLD -7.3%, EGO -7.2%, GFI -5.1%, AUY -8.8%, GOLD -5%, HMY -5.7%, SBGL -4.9%, IAG -8.7%, BTG -6.9%, NG -7.3%, FNV -6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, DGL, RING, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, UBG, GDXX, GDXS
Mon, Aug. 8, 12:58 PM
- Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM -0.3%) is downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform with a $67 price target at RBC Capital, which says AEM has consistently met or exceeded production targets but the strong execution already is priced into the stock's premium valuation.
- The firm says AEM appears to be pricing in the miner's recent favorable guidance revision as well as expected Q4 and year-end resource and reserve additions.
- Despite AEM's premium valuation, RBC acknowledges several potential exploration catalysts ahead, including results from Amaruq, El Barqueno, Kittila, Canadian Malartic and Barsele.
- Meanwhile, RBC upgrades IAMGOLD (IAG +3%) to Sector Perform from Underperform with a $6.50 price target, raised from $5.50, citing improving operational performance and positive cost trends through Q2, which combined with a healthier gold price environment should see IAG deliver positive sustaining and operating free cash flow in H2.
Fri, Jul. 29, 5:25 PM
- For investors who missed gold’s climb to a two-year high in early July, it’s not too late to jump in, according to Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM) CEO Sean Boyd, who says the rally in gold miners is just getting started.
- Boyd says AEM is ready to take advantage, laying the groundwork for expanded output through exploration, adding that it is “one of the very few companies that can see its output 30%-40% higher in five years from now from stuff we already own."
- Making the case for still-higher gold prices, Boyd says: “There’s still a tremendous amount of debt in the system. There’s an inability to create conditions for growth. You’ve got a negative-interest-rate environment, which is a great environment for gold from an opportunity-cost standpoint. And you’ve still got very strong demand coming out of China and India."
- While most gold miners continue to proceed with caution, AEM just raised its quarterly dividend to $0.10/share from $0.08 after Q2 earnings beat analyst estimates.
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:11 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:52 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Mon, Jul. 25, 10:49 AM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM -4.7%) has agreed to purchase about 15M common shares of Belo Sun Mining (OTCPK:VNNHF -3.6%) pursuant to the latter's previously announced underwritten public offering of approximately 77M common shares.
- Agnico Eagle will pay C$0.85 per subject share, for total consideration of about C$12.7M.
- Agnico currently owns around 74M common shares of Belo Sun, representing approximately 19.2% of its issued and outstanding common shares on a non-diluted basis.
Thu, Jul. 21, 12:58 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +1.9%) says a group of armed men stormed its La India mine in northern Mexico yesterday, stealing a cache of silver and gold.
- AEM’s Mexican subsidiary does not provide an estimate of the value of the theft, but says the mine in the Sonora state - known for drug violence - is operating normally.
- The La India mine has a lifespan of seven years and is expected to produce 100K oz. of gold in 2016.
Fri, Jun. 24, 9:11 AM
- Gainers: AAU +20%. VGZ +18%. MUX +13%. AKG +12%. GPL +13%. GORO +12%. GFI +12%. EMES +12%. GOLD +12%. AU +12%. SBGL +11%. EXK +11%. KGC +10%. HMY +11%. SAND +10%. ABX +10%. EGO +9%. SA +7%. IAG +9%. AUY +9%. CDE 9%. NGD 9%. AEM 8%. NEM 8%. GG 8%. NG 8%. FSM 7%.
- Losers: LYG -27%. BCS -26%. SAN -24%. RBS -23%. AV -23%. BBVA -22%. DB -18%. ING -18%. BT -18%. VNR -11%. TEF -17%. CS -16%. PUK -15%. MT -15%. AEG -14%. RYAAY -13%. UBS -12%. FCAU -12%. GNCA -12%. NOK -12%. BBL -11%. IPI -11%. TOT -11%. ANFI -11%. MNKD -10%. BCEI -8%. VMEM -10%.
Fri, Jun. 24, 8:48 AM
- While stock futures remain under tremendous pressure following the Brexit vote, gold miner shares are soaring in premarket action, as the added uncertainty in the global economy sparks a surge in gold prices.
- The Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) +9.5% premarket, putting it on course to open at the highest level since July 2014; among GDX's components, Newmont Mining +7.7% toward a three-year high even though NEM derived 64.1% of its revenue over the last 12 months from the U.K., according to FactSet.
- Among other GDX members, Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) +7.5%, Barrick Gold (NYSE:ABX) +9.6% and Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) +7.2%.
- Also premarket: KGC +8.9%, GOLD +11.6%, GFI +11.8%, RGLD +10.6%, HMY +11%, SBGL +12.4%, AEM +8.4%, SLW +5.6%, PAAS +6.1%, EGO +8.3%, NG +8.9%, IAG +8.4%, FNV +5%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXX, GDXS
Mon, Jun. 20, 10:22 AM
- Gold futures -0.8% at ~$1,284/oz. after weekend polls showed a higher likelihood that the U.K. would vote to stay in the European Union.
- “This is a market that’s going to be very emotional this week” ahead of the June 23 referendum, says Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals, who believes that broader economic concerns and low interest rates will continue to support gold prices regardless of the Brexit outcome.
- Gold has risen 21% YTD amid worries over global growth and as the Fed has pushed back plans to raise short-term interest rates.
- Precious metals miners are among the biggest losers in early trading: ABX -3.8%, GG -2.4%, NEM -2.5%, AEM -1.6%, KGC -4.4%, SLW -1.7%, PAAS -2.7%, RGLD -0.8%, EGO -1.4%, NG -1.6%, GFI -4.8%, AUY -1.4%, IAG -1.8%, FNV -1%, HMY -2.3%, SBGL -2.6%, OTCPK:NCMGY -5%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, DUST, PSLV, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, GTU, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SLVO, SGDM, GLDI, ASA, DSLV, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, RING, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, GYEN, USV, GEUR, UBG
Fri, Jun. 3, 3:58 PM
- Gold miner stocks are skyrocketing, with the sector enjoying its best day in nearly seven years, as the disappointing May jobs report helped spark a strong rally in the yellow metal.
- The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX +11.1%) surged more than 10% on heavy volume, and all 24 of the ETF’s U.S. equity components traded higher, with 10 of them enjoying double-digit percentage gains.
- In today's trade: ABX +12.9%, NEM +9.5%, GG +7.7%, AEM +11.1%, OTCPK:NCMGY +10.7%, KGC +15.4%, SLW +9%, FNV +9.1%, RGLD +9.4%, EGO +9.8%, GFI +13.7%, SBGL +8.2%, HMY +13%, IAG +16.4%, AU +14.4%, GOLD +8.6%, AUY +13.9%, NGD +9.6%, HL +12.1%, CDE +11.6%, TAHO +10.8%, NG +12.2%, AG +12.3%, PAAS +8.9%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDXX, GDJJ, GDXS, GDJS
Thu, May 12, 7:19 PM
- BMO Capital becomes more bullish on precious metals, as it upgrades six gold and silver stocks including five to buy ratings.
- The 20% YTD rise in gold and silver prices should continue over the medium term, the firm says, lending to price targets of $1,400/oz. for gold and $22.50/oz. for silver by the end of Q1 2017.
- BMO upgrades Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY), Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW), Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE), Pan American Silver (NASDAQ:PAAS) and Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF) to Outperform from Market Perform, and hikes Oceana Gold (OTCPK:OCANF) to Market Perform from Underperform; price targets are $5.50 for AUY (raised from $1), $24 for SLW (jumping from $4.50), $11 for CDE (up from $3), and $19 for PAAS (from $7.50).
- However, the firm downgrades Agnico-Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM), Franco-Nevada (NYSE:FNV) and Fortuna Silver (NYSE:FSM) to Market Perform from Outperform, saying their stocks already have factored in higher gold and silver prices.
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:06 PM
- Agnico Eagle (NYSE:AEM): Q1 EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $490.5M (+1.4% Y/Y) beats by $8.53M.